Released on November 14th, 2018
This document describes the changes and functionality available in Sugar® Enterprise 126.96.36.199. For more information on the changes in this release, please refer to the What to Expect When Upgrading to 7.9 article.
Sugar 188.8.131.52 is available for both Sugar cloud (Sugar-hosted SaaS) and On-Site deployments.
Administrator and End User
Sugar 184.108.40.206 is a security update released to address certain security vulnerabilities identified during our routine QA checks.
We strongly recommend that you install this update at the earliest opportunity. While we have not experienced any reported incidents relating to these vulnerabilities to date, failure to install this update could leave you exposed to malicious third-party attacks. For more information regarding this, please refer to the following Security Advisory announcements:
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2018-006 : Authenticated users may cause arbitrary code to be executed.
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2018-007 : Authenticated administrative users may cause arbitrary code to be executed.
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2018-008 : Authenticated administrative users may cause arbitrary code to be executed.
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2018-009 : Authenticated administrative users may cause arbitrary code to be executed.
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2018-010 : Authenticated users may cause arbitrary code to be executed.
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2018-011 : Authenticated users may cause arbitrary code to be executed.
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2018-012 : Authenticated users may cause arbitrary code to be executed.
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2018-013 : Authenticated users may cause arbitrary code to be executed.
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2018-014 : Authenticated administrative users may cause arbitrary code to be executed.
These vulnerabilities have been addressed in release 220.127.116.11 which is available for download from the Download Manager.
Administrators are strongly encouraged to upgrade their Sugar instances running 18.104.22.168 and prior to version 22.214.171.124 to prevent potential exploitation of these weaknesses.
The following issues have been resolved in this release. Support Portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 80668 : Stock modules with no link fields in their vardefs may unnecessarily rebuild cache files, causing various adverse behaviors.
- 80579 : Logic hooks with class and function names matching in text,
but not in case sensitivity, result in PHP fatal errors.
- 80182 : Merging a record containing more than 20 tags may not work as expected.
- 79994 : Custom field values belonging to deleted records are not removed from the database as expected by the Prune Database on 1st of Month scheduler job
The following are known issues in this release. Support Portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 80834 : Line charts may not render correctly when viewing report records in the Chrome browser.
- 80681 : Making changes to a report's relationship-based filters may result in an error when running the report. As a workaround, re-create the report with the desired filter without making any changes to it.
- 80605 : Integrations and customizations using the REST v4.1 API may no longer work as expected for instances running on PHP 7.1.
- 80430 : Sugar cloud sessions may time out with a 500 error due to a database issue.
- 80376 : Uninstalling custom modules from Sugar may not delete the associated workflows as expected. As a workaround, remove the affected workflow via the database.
- 80091 : Creating a dashboard may not work as expected and result in an error for users without private teams. Navigating to Admin > Repair and running “Repair Teams” will help resolve the issue.
- 80083, 79251 : In certain circumstances, performing a list view search may not return correct results as expected.
- 80002 : Generating PDFs using previously existing PDF templates may not display data as expected after upgrading to Sugar versions 7.9 or higher.
- 80001 : Email messages sent via Advanced Workflow may display HTML formatting when records are created using SOAP/REST v4.1. It is recommended to use the latest version of the API.
- 79919 : Having multiple Advanced Workflow wait events in flight for a single record may cause subpanels to display duplicate entries for that record.
- 79763 : The Account Name field does not populate as expected for quoted line items related to a quote.
- 79492 : Setting the log level to “Error” may result in multiple relationship errors being written to the log file.
- 79486 : Attempting to edit the Shipping field for existing quote records may not work as expected if the record contains a calculated or dependent field. As a workaround, add the Shipping field to the Quotes list view layout to edit the field via list view.
- 79344 : The quoted line item total may not respect the user's preferred currency as expected.
- 79318 : When a user has team-based permissions enabled for their default team (i.e. “Additional Permissions Enabled”),
the setting may not be respected when creating a new record.
- 79204 : Creating multiple quotes from a related module's Quotes subpanel (e.g. from an account record) incorrectly duplicates the original quote's line items as line items in each subsequent quote.
- 79166 : Session locking may cause performance issues in Sugar.
- 79131 : When the “Listview items per page” setting in Admin > System Settings contains a large value (e.g. 50 or greater), it may cause an issue with rendering the “Download PDF” and “Email PDF” options in the record view's actions menu. Changing the “Listview items per page” setting to “20” may help resolve the issue.
- 79110 : Processes that contain a Wait event and are expected to trigger additional processes may only trigger one of the expected processes.
- 79009 : When the targeted module contains a broken field,
configuring an Action element in a process definition causes the Process Design canvas to time out.
- 78976 : The Process Management list view for Advanced Workflow may time out if the number of total processes exceeds one million records. To help prevent this issue,
periodically prune the database table to remove closed, cancelled, and/or terminated processes.
- 78885 : An Advanced Workflow process may be prematurely considered complete when part of the process remains unexecuted in job queue.
- 78736 : The “My Dashboard” may incorrectly be recreated after deleting from the home page or intelligence pane.
- 78719 : Users may encounter an unexpected behavior when accessing Sugar if the Date Modified field in the user account contains the same value as another user.
- 78709 : Users assigned a role with Delete, Edit, or Export permission set to “Owner” may improperly be restricted from downloading and emailing PDFs.
- 78667, 77764 : Attempting to scroll in modules (e.g. Campaigns, Meetings) may not work as expected when logged into Sugar on iPad.
- 78600 : Special characters are improperly allowed to be entered in dropdown lists' item names.
- 78582 : Process definitions do not enforce the requirement that multiple paths must converge before an End event.
- 78570, 78509, 78507, 76151 : When accessing Sugar using Internet Explorer or Firefox, attempting to clear a saved filter from the list view may not work as expected. As a workaround, select the All “Module Name” option from the Filter options list to clear the applied filter.
- 78568 : Calculated fields containing the
rollupSum()functions may improperly update and display incorrect values each time additional records are loaded in the related module subpanels.
- 78527 : Inline editing a TextArea field via the subpanel may not work as expected. Reloading the web browser will resolve the issue and allow the user to inline edit the field properly.
- 78487 : When renaming modules via Admin > Rename Modules, only the most recent changes will remain and any previous updates to module names will be incorrectly removed after save.
- 78471 : Setting the default date format in the user's profile to “mm/dd/yyyy” may cause the time periods on the Forecasts Settings page to incorrectly display “Invalid date”.
- 78397 : The global search results may not display matching records in the proper order based on the boost level set for the record's fields.
- 78364 : Sugar improperly attempts to establish an SSL/TLS connection when “Use SMTP Authentication” is unchecked. Administrators who wish to permit users to send insecure emails should both uncheck the option and set “Enable SMTP over SSL or TLS?” to “none” in Admin > Email Settings.
- 78315 : The same Process ID may be used for multiple processes if a process definition's Start condition is triggered by simultaneous events.
- 78128 : For dropdown list values, a value's Display Label will improperly revert to a blank value if its Item Name is 0 (zero).
- 78065 : Moving a stock field between the columns (e.g. Hidden, Available) for the List View and Subpanel layouts in Studio may result in unexpected behavior.
- 77932 : Users may be logged out unexpectedly or experience performance degradation when user records are modified.
- 77823 : Records that are created and assigned via Advanced Workflow do not send assignment notifications as expected.
- 77820 : The Visibility Editor window may not load as expected and display an error if there is a large number of dropdown dependencies defined in the visibility editor.
- 77719 : If a process definition contains a Wait event that is relative to a date field, the process does not adjust for changes that may occur to the date field after the Wait event's initiation.
- 77609 : Generating reports with empty relate fields may not include the associated record in the report result as expected if the related record has been deleted.
- 77601 : Advanced Workflow cannot add related records when the target module is on the “one” side of a one-to-many relationship.
- 77302 : Upgrades may fail due to queries posted by the upgrade exceeding the
- 77287 : Performing certain actions (e.g. import, mass update) in Sugar may result in performance issues if there are numerous calculated fields to be updated in related records. As a workaround, add the following line to the
config_override.phpfile to disable the related calculation field updates:
$sugar_config['disable_related_calc_fields'] = true;. But keep in mind that the affected calculated values will not be updated and running Recalculate Values on related records.
- 77087 : When a record is assigned to the user's default private team, changing the Teams field from the private team to another team (e.g. Global) may incorrectly display the team name with the user's last name appended to the end (e.g. Global Smith).
- 77080 : When two or more process definitions for the same module contain overlapping Wait events,
the timers may not behave as expected.
- 76401 : The data in the report chart may be inconsistent between the report chart dashlet and the Reports module.
- 76014 : Mass-updating a large number of records that trigger the start event on one or more process definitions will result in a PHP timeout error. Additionally, any processes created before PHP timed out may be corrupt.
- 75471 : Sugar may not behave as expected and result in an error if the Sugar license is either expired or due to expire.
- 75254 : Printing reports (e.g. Summation With Details report) to PDF may not work as expected when logged into Sugar via a mobile browser.
- 74919 : Performing certain actions (e.g. Quick Repair and Rebuild) in Sugar that rebuild the cache files may cause unexpected issues in the system if there are multiple users logged in and utilizing Sugar. As a workaround, perform such actions during off-hours where users are not utilizing the system.
- 74628 : Certain workflows using a Relate-type field in the condition may fail to load as expected and result in errors after upgrading to 7.6.x.x. As a workaround, run the following query in the instance's expressions table:
UPDATE expressions SET exp_type = "id" WHERE exp_type = "relate" AND lhs_field = "assigned_user_id"
- 74539 : Custom fields may not display as expected when previewing call and meeting records via the intelligence pane.
- 74416 : Creating a Summation-type report that is grouped and sorted by a certain field (e.g. Month: Expected Close Date, Quarter: Expected Close Date) in a related module (e.g. Opportunities) may cause the run-time filter to not work as expected.
- 74382 : The Case Summary dashlet may not work as expected and cause an internal server error if the account record has a large number of related cases.
74350 : An unexpected error may occur when saving a record if there is an issue with the user's default team in the database. As a workaround, run the following query in the instance's team sets table. The affected users will then need to edit their profile to configure their default teams again.
UPDATE team_sets SET deleted = 1 WHERE id NOT IN ("select team_set_id from team_sets_teams where deleted = 0") AND deleted = 0
- 74097 : Changing the instance's opportunity model from “Opportunities and Revenue Line Items” to “Opportunities” may cause data to not display correctly when viewing the campaign's ROI.
- 73912 : Certain reports may not generate as expected if the last group-by field is a date (e.g. Opportunities > Month: Expected Close Date) and the chart type is set (e.g. Horizontal Bar). As a workaround, do not use the date field as the last grouping in the Define Group By step or change the chart type to “None”.
- 73689 : When users adjust the list view or subpanel column widths, the user's preferred column size may not be preserved if the browser window is resized.
- 73566 : Calculated or dependent fields containing a
related()function may not get calculated until after save for activity-type modules (e.g. Notes).
- 73468 : Time-elapse workflow may not trigger as expected when a date field (e.g. Expected Close Date) in the condition is set to a date in the future.
- 72810 : Filtering the list view search using custom checkbox fields may not work as expected.
- 72581 : Attempting to merge records in modules containing required dependent fields may not work as expected.
- 71950 : Adding TinyMCE to a TextArea-type field (e.g. Description) may cause the field to not display properly in record view when accessing Sugar via certain browsers (e.g. Firefox).
- 71848 : When a large number (e.g. 60) of PDF templates are available in a module, users may not be able to scroll through the full list of templates via the “Download PDF” or “Email PDF” options in the record view. As a workaround, changing the screen resolution or reducing the number of templates may help resolve the issue.
- 71733 : Printing archived emails via the browser's print option may not display correctly.
- 70940 : Attempting to disable the SAML authentication via Admin > Password Management may not work as expected if the
config.phphas been set to
- 70024 : Scheduled reports may have incorrect or missing charts in the emailed PDF. Select “Print as PDF” from the report's Actions menu to see the updated chart.
- 69957 : Large number of activity stream records may cause performance issues.
- 68985 : Custom relationships created between a module and the Activities module via Admin > Studio cannot be deleted as expected.
- 68975 : Changing the order of subpanels via Admin > Display Modules and Subpanels does not preserve the order upon save.
- 68461 : Searching by non-primary email addresses in the module's list view (e.g. Accounts) does not pull up results as expected.
- 68112 : Matrix-type reports display incorrectly when exported to PDF.
- 67886 : During lead conversion, the newly created opportunity record does not get associated to the Revenue Line Item, causing the lead conversion to not complete successfully. As a workaround, create the opportunity record during lead conversion then manually associate the opportunity to the Revenue Line Item.
Windows Server on PHP 7.1
The following are known issues in this release for Windows server environments on PHP 7.1. Support Portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 79255 : The Report wizard may not work as expected for instances running on PHP version 7.1.
- 79254 : An unexpected error may display while installing Sugar on a Windows server on PHP 7.1.