This document describes new features and known issues for SugarIdentity. For more information on accessing and using the SugarIdentity service, refer to the SugarIdentity Guide. For information on supported platforms, refer to the SugarCloud Services Supported Platforms page.
Note: Only some SugarCloud instances use SugarIdentity. Refer to the SugarIdentity Guide to determine if yours is configured to do so. Existing customers will be notified before their instances begin using the service.
June 11, 2019
The following SugarIdentity features have been deployed as of June 11, 2019:
- Supported Applications : For SugarIdentity-enabled instances, the Sugar application, Sugar Plug-in for Outlook, and SugarCRM Mobile app support authenticating via the SugarIdentity service.
- User Management
- Creating Users : Administrators can create new SugarIdentity users via the Create New User option as well as via import using a .csv file.
- Editing Users : The user's basic (e.g. First Name, Last Name) and employment-related (e.g. Title, Work Phone) information can be edited via the Cloud Settings console.
- Deactivating and Deleting Users : Users that are no longer a member of the organization or are invalid may be deactivated or deleted via the Cloud Settings console.
- Authentication Management
- Configuring Password Requirements : Administrators can configure local password rules for Sugar.
- Configuring LDAP and SAML Authentication : Administrators can configure LDAP or SAML authentication for single sign-on.
The following are known issues for SugarIdentity as of June 11, 2019:
- Custom user fields and stock fields which do not appear in SugarIdentity cannot be imported in Sugar instances using SugarIdentity as the Import Users option is not available.
- When importing users in the Cloud Settings console, there is no option to send a welcome email to allow users to create their Sugar password. As a workaround, the new users can click the "Forgot Password?" link on the Sugar login screen to reset their password or new users can be created manually via the Create New User option in order to send a welcome email to users.
- Logging out of the Sugar application does not properly alert the administrator of the session logout in the Cloud Settings console.
- The Users list view cannot be sorted by field columns in the Cloud Settings console.