This document describes the changes and functionality available in Sugar® Enterprise 8.2.0. For more information on the changes in this release, please refer to the What to Expect When Upgrading to 8.2 article.
Sugar 8.2.0 is only available for Sugar cloud (Sugar-hosted SaaS) deployments.
Administrator and End User
The following feature enhancements are included in this release:
- Quotes configuration : Administrators can configure the available fields and their order for quotes worksheets when users work with quotes.
- Grouped bar charts for reports : In addition to the familiar stacked-style horizontal and vertical bar charts in Sugar, users may now select grouped bar charts as a new option for visualizing reports.
- One-to-many Advanced Workflow message recipients : The recipient list for Advanced Workflow process email templates may include email addresses from any module related to the target record as well as recipients related to the related modules.
- Revenue line items in preferred currencies : Users now have the ability to add revenue line items from the product catalog using their preferred currency instead of the product catalog item's currency by enabling the Create Revenue Line Items in Preferred Currency option in their user profile.
The following issues are resolved in this release. Support portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 81351 : Health check errantly reports iNetMiniETL version 1.7.0 as incompatible.
- 81327 : PHP warning messages regarding Redis connection failures are errantly being written to the apache error logs.
- 81301 : Upgrades may be non-performant or fail when the instance includes a large number of emails and attachments.
- 81171 : Upgrades may not complete when the instance includes long database table names.
- 81114 : Editing a record in the Preview panel to set a related record causes the relationship to be formed twice.
- 80879 : When in-line editing from a list view, calculated date fields based on related date fields may prevent the record from being saved.
- 80864 : The link to a lead's related opportunity is blank on the lead-conversion confirmation screen.
- 80854 : When adding quoted line items using the Product Catalog Dashlet, customizations making use of the Products
populate_list vardef are not respected.
- 80806 : Reports filtering on date fields using single digits for the months or days position may fail to return results.
- 80783 : Attachments to knowledge base articles created prior to version 8.0.0 may not appear in Sugar after upgrading to 8.x.
- 80541 : After a process definition updates a text field containing a line break, the html tag
is displayed in place of the line break.
- 80414 : Reports displaying a relate-type field may incorrectly exclude records with a deleted record selected in their relate-type field.
- 80308, 78570, 78509, 78507, 76151 : When accessing Sugar using Internet Explorer or Firefox, attempting to clear a saved filter from the list view or subpanel search may not work as expected.
- 80049 : Health check incorrectly flags versions 1.01 and higher of the DrillDownReportsChart package as incompatible.
- 79994 : Custom field values belonging to deleted records are not removed from the database as expected by the Prune Databaseon 1st of Month scheduler job.
- 79917 : Health check incorrectly flags versions 1.31 and higher of the wGuage package as incompatible.
- 79782 : Health check incorrectly flags versions 4.5 and higher of the Process Manager package as incompatible.
- 79002 : List view date filters using the "Is Between" operator may cause overlapping labels when resizing the browser window.
- 78574 : Incorrect vardef default values may cause issues in Advanced Workflow functionality.
- 78540 : Emails may be incorrectly sent from disabled Advanced Workflow process definitions.
- 78668 : In certain circumstances, tooltips may persist improperly while navigating through Sugar.
- 78093 : Datetime filters on reports may not return the expected results depending on the user's time zone.
- 78089 : Health check incorrectly considers the "Timeline Dashlet Activities by CARRENET with license validation" package as compatible.
- 78087 : Health check incorrectly considers versions prior to 4.0 of the "Act-On Integrated Marketing Automation for SugarCRM version 7.x" package as compatible.
- 75784 : Health check incorrectly considers Zendesk packages prior to version 2.20 as compatible.
- 73696 : Users attempting to navigate elsewhere after exporting from Legacy modules are instead redirected to the Home page.
- 73306 : If the default list view filter for a module has been customized, the filter is also applied to its subpanels.
- 72600 : When viewing a dashlet containing a matrix report's chart, the total incorrectly shows as 0 when displayed in a user-preferred currency other than the currency of the underlying records.
- 70388 : When building a report, searching for available fields only returns the first ten matching field names.
- 66972 : When sorting report results by a date or datetime field belonging to a related module, selected runtime filters may not be applied.
The following known issues are present in this release. Support portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 74097 : Changing the instance's opportunity model from "Opportunities and Revenue Line Items" to "Opportunities" may cause data to not display correctly when viewing the campaign's ROI.
- 73689 : When users adjust the list view or subpanel column widths, the user's preferred column size may not be preserved if the browser window is resized.
- 73566 : Calculated or dependent fields containing a
related() function may not get calculated until after save for activity-type modules (e.g. Notes).
- 73468 : Time-elapse workflow may not trigger as expected when a date field (e.g. Expected Close Date) in the condition is set to a date in the future.
- 72810 : Filtering the list view search using custom checkbox fields may not work as expected.
- 72625, 71848 : When a large number (e.g. 60) of PDF templates are available in a module, users may not be able to scroll through the full list of templates via the "Download PDF" or "Email PDF" options in the record view. As a workaround, changing the screen resolution or reducing the number of templates may help resolve the issue.
- 72581 : Attempting to merge records in modules containing required dependent fields may not work as expected.
- 71950 : Adding TinyMCE to a TextArea-type field (e.g. Description) may cause the field to not display properly in record view when accessing Sugar via certain browsers (e.g. Firefox).
- 71733 : Printing archived emails via the browser's print option may not display correctly.
- 70940 : Attempting to disable the SAML authentication via Admin > Password Management may not work as expected if the
authenticationClass property in
config.php has been set to
- 70024 : Scheduled reports may have incorrect or missing charts in the emailed PDF. Select "Print as PDF" from the report's Actions menu to see the updated chart.
- 69957 : Large number of activity stream records may cause performance issues.
- 68985 : Custom relationships created between a module and the Activities module via Admin > Studio cannot be deleted as expected.
- 68975 : Changing the order of subpanels via Admin > Display Modules and Subpanels does not preserve the order upon save.
- 68461 : Searching by non-primary email addresses in the module's list view (e.g. Accounts) does not pull up results as expected.
- 68112 : Matrix-type reports display incorrectly when exported to PDF.
- 67886 : During lead conversion, the newly created opportunity record does not get associated to the Revenue Line Item, causing the lead conversion to not complete successfully. As a workaround, create the opportunity record during lead conversion then manually associate the opportunity to the Revenue Line Item.
The following changes in this release may affect developers:
- With enforced user subscription limits, SAML and LDAP JIT user provisioning will not allow a customer to accidentally exceed the number of allowed active users.
- We have improved our support of OAuth 2.0 standards by adding support for RFC 6750 bearer tokens. See this blog post for more details.
- The unsupported browser error message functionality has been removed from the login page. As part of this work, code related to this functionality was removed from
TPL_ALERT_BROWSER_SUPPORT were removed from
./include/language/en_us.lang.php. We recommend testing that any customizations you made to the login page continue to work as expected and that your customizations are not using the strings
- Underscore 1.9.0 includes big performance improvements that we want you to benefit from, so we have upgraded Underscore from 1.8.3 to 1.9.1. No functionality will be deprecated as part of this upgrade, so we expect the impact to be quite low. See the Underscore changelog for more details.
- We have changed how default filters populate the filters in subpanels. Prior to this release, if you had customized the default filter for a module (see this blog post for more details on how you can implement this customization), that filter would be set as the default for subpanels in the module as well. Some users found this confusing as they assumed they were seeing all records instead of a filtered set of records in the subpanel. We have updated this functionality so that even if you customize the default filter for a module, the subpanels in that module will still default to the All Records filter. If you have customized the default filter for a module, we recommend notifying your end users of this change in behavior.
- Ventana's buildFileURL() method no longer supports the
passOAuthToken option. Two functions in Sugar have been updated to no longer
support the oauth_token option:
uploadFile() in /clients/base/fields/attachments/attachment.js
importProject() in /modules/pmse_Project/clients/base/views/project-import/project-import.js
- Handlebars v4 included significant changes to depthed paths that would likely break many customizations and integrations (see the Handlebars 4.0.0 Release Notes for more details). In order to get you the improvements without breaking your customizations and integrations, we have created a forked version of Handlebars v1.3.0 with a unique version number, 1.3.1-sugarcrm-temporary. The forked version of Handlebars is intended to be a temporary fork that we intend to discontinue using and/or remove in a future version of Sugar. Given the breaking changes to depthed paths in v4, we are exploring alternatives to reduce disruption to existing customizations and allow developers as much time as possible to adapt.
- jQuery has been upgraded from 1.11.3 to 1.12.4.
jQuery Migrate has been upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.4.1.
jQuery UI has been upgraded from 1.11.4 to 1.12.1.
See this blog post for more details on how we expect these upgrades to affect your integrations and customizations as well as links to changelogs and release notes for these upgrades.
- We have created a new field component for Quotes configuration: Tristate Checkbox. The code for this checkbox is located in
./clients/base/fields/tristate-checkbox. The Tristate Checkbox has three possible states instead of the two a traditional checkbox has. The checkbox can be checked, unchecked, or indeterminate. The Tristate Checkbox was created specifically for use in the Quotes configuration interface and we do not recommend using it in other locations.
- Admins can now configure the Quotes user interface by navigating to Administration > Quotes Configuration. Ensure any fields that your code customizations rely on are visible or included in a SugarLogic formula for a visible, calculated field.
- Two new REST API endpoints were added to REST API version 11.3 to aid in configuring and retrieving the Quotes configuration: