Sugar 188.8.131.52 is available for both on-demand (Sugar-hosted SaaS) and on-site deployments.
Administrator and End User
Feature enhancements in release 184.108.40.206 include the following:
- PHP 5.6 Support : PHP version 5.6 is now supported in Sugar.
Sugar 220.127.116.11 is a security update released to address certain security vulnerabilities identified during our routine QA checks.
We strongly recommend that you install this update at the earliest opportunity. While we have not experienced any reported incidents relating to these vulnerabilities to date, failure to install this update could leave you exposed to malicious third party attacks. For more information regarding this, please refer to the following Security Advisory announcements:
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2016-003 : Authenticated users may cause arbitrary SQL to be executed.
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2016-004 : Authenticated users may obtain user-sensitive data.
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2016-005 : Authenticated users may cause arbitrary code to be executed.
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2016-006 : Authenticated users may cause arbitrary code to be executed.
- Security Advisory sugarcrm-sa-2016-008 : Unauthenticated users may cause arbitrary code to be executed.
These vulnerabilities have been addressed in release 18.104.22.168 which is available for download from the Download Manager.
Administrators are strongly encouraged to upgrade their Sugar instances running 22.214.171.124 and prior to version 126.96.36.199 to prevent potential exploitation of these weaknesses.
The following issues have been resolved in version 188.8.131.52:
- 45362 : The Users module may improperly appear in Admin > Role Management when logged into Sugar with certain languages (e.g. Spanish).
- 67952 : The Visibility Editor window may not display properly when trying to configure the dependency for a dependent dropdown field.
- 72454 : The Name field does not auto-populate as expected for custom File-type modules created via Admin > Module Builder.
- 73899 : When quick composing an email (e.g. via Emails subpanel), including the plus (+) sign in the email body may not appear as expected in the sent email.
- 73940 : The report filter may not display the custom module's label correctly if there is a one-to-many relationship between the target module (e.g. Accounts) and custom module.
- 74086 : Grouping the report (e.g. Summation report) by month for Date Created or Date Modified fields may cause the line chart to display incorrectly.
- 74315 : Changing an integer field that is marked as required with a set default value (e.g. 1), to "0", may improperly revert back to the default value upon saving the record.
- 74582 : Creating a workflow for the Quotes module that updates the related shipping account record's fields, improperly changes the quote's Billing Account Name field with the shipping account name when the workflow triggers.
- 74586 : Exporting reports with large amounts of data may not complete as expected and cause the application to time out.
- 74626 : When a user edits a quote, the Billing Account Name and Shipping Account Name fields along with the related address information may be deleted upon save if the user is assigned a role where the quote's Billing Address field is set to "Read Only".
- 74709 : Deleting a user in Sugar does not remove the user's private team as expected.
- 75296 : Certain links in the Developer Guide may be broken.
- 75515 : Switching between custom filters multiple times when configuring the List View dashlet, may cause the dashlet to not display records as expected upon saving the dashlet configuration.
- 75587, 75625, 75979, 76251 : Matrix-type reports with multiple groupings may not display report results correctly as expected.
- 75588 : Importing email addresses to Sugar does not mark the email as "Primary" in the record as expected.
- 75601 : Clicking "Save" vs "Save and Send Invites" when updating a call or meeting may cause invites to be sent when they should not be.
- 75678 : When logging into Sugar using SAML, if the user's email address contains an apostrophe, it may result in unexpected behavior and cause duplicate user records to be created in Sugar.
- 75811 : The upgrade from 7.5.x.x to 184.108.40.206 may fail if there are meeting records where the Duration field is empty due to the field being removed from the layout (e.g. Edit View).
- 75883 : The health check may fail during upgrade if ActionFileMap and/or ActionViewMap extension directories are detected in Legacy modules (e.g. Administration).
- 75906 : Setting export_excel_compatible to "true" in config.php may cause the outbound email's details (e.g. subject) to display incorrectly.
- 75919 : The health check may fail during upgrade if NULL values are detected in the language file.
- 75942, 75968 : Setting export_excel_compatible to "true" in config.php may cause the inbound email's details (e.g. subject and body) or quote PDF files downloaded via the Quotes module to display incorrectly.
- 75945 : The Workflow Definitions detail view may not display correctly when accessing Sugar using Chrome.
- 75967 : Importing records to the Manufacturers or Tax Rates modules via Admin > Import Wizard may not import successfully due to errors.
- 76019 : The quote's tax may not get calculated properly upon save if the primary language (e.g. English) set via the Login screen is different from the default language (e.g. Nederlands) set in Admin > Locale.
- 76022 : On-Demand instances with a large number of dropdown values may fail to upgrade.
- 76035 : When importing large sets of data via Sugar's import wizard, the Check For Possible Duplicates step may take an excessively long time to load.
- 76036 : Downloading a quote to PDF may result in a TCPDF error if the PDF file includes a header image and spans multiple pages.
- 76127 : Using the strToUpper or strToLower functions in the Sugar Logic formula may not work as expected and result in errors.
- 76128 : Changes made to the kbdocument_status_dom dropdown list in Admin > Dropdown Editor may not be preserved as expected after upgrading to 220.127.116.11.
- 76238 : When an administrator configures a regular user's List View dashlet from their local machine, the dashlet filters that are applied do not get preserved as expected, causing the dashlet to display unfiltered results when viewed from the user's machine.
- 76332 : Web logic hooks may not execute as expected and fail upon saving the record (e.g. Accounts) resulting in Fatal errors.
- 76343 : Large fields such as record Description fields and email Body fields may fail to be indexed by Elasticsearch and be unavailable for searching.
- 76745 : On record view, unchecking the copy option on a field (e.g. Copy billing address to shipping address) incorrectly unchecks the copy option on any other copy fields added via customization.
For more information on a bug or to provide feedback, use the SugarCRM Bug Tracker located at https://portal.sugarondemand.com/#supp_Bugs. To view the complete list of bugs fixed in this specific release, run a search using "18.104.22.168" in the Targeted In Release field. Look for the bugs marked "Fixed" in the Resolution field.
The following are known issues in version 22.214.171.124:
- 53969 : The Projects module does not have the option (star icon) to designate records as favorites. As a workaround, the Favorites option can be enabled by changing favorites from "false" to "true" in the ./modules/Projects/vardefs.php file.
- 64880 : Certain fields (e.g. email address, phone, etc.) in the Users module may not be available to add as field variables in PDF templates.
- 65527 : The SugarCRM® cube icon is used as the system-wide favicon even when "Display module icon as favicon" is enabled in Admin > System Settings.
- 65647 : Users will not see updates to their avatar images without first logging out and back into Sugar.
- 65674 : Selecting an item from the Recently Viewed list under the module tab does not correctly update the list to include the selected record.
- 66209 : Help text is not being displayed.
- 66520 : Notes may not be edited directly from the Contracts module's Notes subpanel.
- 66573 : More than one user attempting to merge records simultaneously results in errors.
- 66580 : List view loads may experience performance issues as quantity of records loaded increases.
- 66826 : Numerical fields such as Bug Number may not be used with type-ahead functionality to generate a list of potential matches when relating records.
- 66842 : Relate fields cannot be sorted as expected in the list view.
- 66900, 67294 : Resetting the forecast time period does not set the current time period correctly and causes various issues in the application.
- 66910 : The notification for Cases module does not include the case number as expected when triggered via the workflow.
- 66995 : The Display server response times option is improperly available to select via Admin > System Settings.
- 67445 : Multiple panels cannot be added as expected to the Record View layout in Studio.
- 68095 : Text provided for Campaign Tracker URLs is unexpectedly shortened after the first 30 characters.
- 68112 : Matrix-type reports display incorrectly when exported to PDF.
- 68245 : Calendar dashlet may be missing from Legacy dashboard after upgrading to 7.2.0.
- 68426 : New panels added to the Record View layout in Studio do not display the panel options (Display Type, Collapse?) until the layout is saved in Studio.
- 68440 : Quick creating (e.g. Leads, Contacts, etc.) via the Emails dashlet on the Legacy dashboard opens up the legacy create view instead of the sidecar record view.
- 68461 : Searching by non-primary email addresses in the module's list view (e.g. Accounts) does not pull up results as expected.
- 68464 : Changes made to record view layouts via studio are not reflected when quick creating records until after the full creation view is used.
- 68975 : Changing the order of subpanels via Admin > Display Modules and Subpanels does not preserve the order upon save.
- 68979 : Changing the currency of a quote multiple times may introduce rounding errors to the line item price fields.
- 69382 : Campaign tracker URLs may log campaign status entries with no recipient information when clicked from outside the campaign email.
- 69391 : Changes made to module names via Admin > Rename Modules are not reflected on list views columns for modules which relate to the affected module. The column names may be corrected individually by modifying each listview's column labels via Studio.
- 69508 : Relating a new record via the Legacy module subpanel (e.g. Calls) in a module's record view (e.g. Leads) causes the Next and Previous buttons to no longer appear in the record view. Navigating back to the list view and selecting a record will correct the issue by restoring the buttons again in the record view.
- 69801, 69918 : Changing the style attributes for table tags, image tags, etc. on email templates via HTML may result in parts of the code getting removed upon save.
- 69985 : If a custom module has a relationship with an individual Activity-type module (e.g. Tasks), this related module may not be available to select when creating a workflow action to create a record in a module (Tasks) associated with the target module (e.g. custom module). As a workaround, create a one-to-many relationship between the custom module and the Activities module, and the appropriate Activity-type module (e.g. Tasks) will be available to select when creating the workflow action
- 70024 : Scheduled reports may have incorrect or missing charts in the emailed PDF. Select "Print as PDF" from the report's Actions menu to see the updated chart.
- 70106 : The Skype icon does not appear next to the phone number as expected when the SkypeOut integration is enabled.
- 70124 : Studio's formula builder displays several undesired functions (getListWhere, isForecastClosed, isForecastClosedWon, and isForecastClosedLost).
- 70389 : Tabbing while inline editing the address block in the record view does not work as expected as it does not tab through all the fields (e.g. state, postal code, etc.) within the address block.
- 70542 : The "Show Completed Meetings, Calls, and Tasks" option is not available in Calendar > Settings, which can cause performance issues in the Calendar module for users who have a large number of activity records. Setting Admin > System Settings > vCal Updates Time Period to "-1" will relieve the performance delay, however this will prevent user availability information from appearing when scheduling a call or meeting.
- 70553 : Disabling export via Admin > Locale does not remove the Export option as expected from the list view.
- 71446 : For opportunities, changes made to labels via Studio > Opportunities > Labels do not affect list view labels. Make changes to labels via Studio > Opportunities > Layouts > List View to modify list view layouts.
- 71807 : Studio layouts appear in reverse order when right-to-left themes are enabled.
- 72000 : Changing the Admin user with user ID = 1 to a regular user may cause the system index to not index records properly in Sugar. To resolve the issue, change the Admin user (user ID = 1) back to a System Administrator User.
- 72022 : The Projects module is incorrectly available to select via Admin > Mobile.
- 72098 : Clicking the "Restore Default" button in Admin > Studio automatically saves and displays the out-of-the-box default layout despite not saving the change in Studio.
- 72264 : Clicking on the opportunity's name in the Quotes detail view after downloading the quote to PDF improperly redirects to the home page instead of the opportunity's record view. As a workaround, right-click on the opportunity name after downloading the quote to PDF and the opportunity's record view will open accordingly.
- 72286 : The Opportunity module's amount fields cannot accept negative values.
- 72409 : When generating a report, labels may improperly overlap in the chart (e.g. Vertical Bar chart) causing the labels to be unreadable.
- 72882 : When accessing Sugar using Internet Explorer, the date picker does not display properly and disappears when using the scroll bar on the page. As a workaround, scrolling with your mouse or trackpad will display the calendar picker properly.
- 72887 : Customizing a role-list while creating a custom DropDown field in Studio causes the new field to not be saved. As a workaround, create and save the new field before making changes to any role-lists.
- 72956, 73729 : Populating a target list by selecting a report for a module (e.g. Accounts) may not add all records as expected if the report contains a large amount of data.
- 73025 : Changes made to audited custom relate fields do not display in the View Change Log as expected.
- 73259 : Accepting or rejecting a recurring call or meeting accepts the first meeting or call in the series instead of the full recurring series.
- 73301 : Attempting to edit Sugar Logic formulas with too many lines in the formula may cause an error ("Formula Builder: Error Loading Content") in Studio's formula builder. As a workaround, edit the formula to remove any line breaks.
- 73485 : Parent modules incorrectly appear in related module dropdown lists.
- 73488 : Re-ordering list view columns does not work as expected for iPad and mobile devices.
- 73490 : When a user's access to the Forecasts module is disabled, it improperly causes the Forecast Pipeline Chart dashlet to be unavailable to add even though the user has access to the Opportunities module.
- 73492 : Sorting the Forecasts module by Likely, Best, or Worst fields may not sort by the base currency amount as expected.
- 73674 : Creating and inserting a link in the body of the Knowledge Base article may not work as expected when accessing Sugar using Internet Explorer 11.
- 73689 : When users adjust the list view or subpanel column widths, the user's preferred column size may not be preserved if the browser window is resized.
- 73891 : Attempting to reorder subpanels in the module's record view may not work as expected when logged into Sugar using Chrome on Windows. As a workaround, disable the "Enable Touch Events" option for Chrome and users should be able to drag and drop subpanels accordingly.
- 73929 : Cases created from inbound emails may improperly display the case's description as HTML.
- 74382 : The Case Summary dashlet may not work as expected and cause an internal server error if the account record has a large number of related cases.
- 74431 : Downloading a quote to PDF may result in a TCPDF error if the PDF file includes a header image and spans multiple pages.
- 74628 : Certain workflows using a Relate-type field in the condition may fail to load as expected and result in errors after upgrading to 7.6.x.x. As a workaround, run the following query in the instance's expressions table:UPDATE expressions SET exp_type = "id" WHERE exp_type = "relate" AND lhs_field = "assigned_user_id"
- 74687 : Avatar field marked as required in Admin > Studio may cause Sidecar modules to not save as expected and result in an error.
- 74818 : List view column widths for custom modules may appear collapsed after upgrading from Sugar 7.5.x.x to 7.7.x.x. To resolve the issue, administrators can navigate to Admin > Studio to change the module's list view column width or users can manually resize the column widths via the module's list view.
- 74919 : Performing certain actions (e.g. Quick Repair and Rebuild) in Sugar that rebuild the cache files may cause unexpected issues in the system if there are multiple users logged in and utilizing Sugar. As a workaround, perform such actions during off-hours where users are not utilizing the system.
- 74942 : Instances may experience intermittent errors involving the relationships cache file. As a workaround, remove /cache/Relationships/relationships.cache.phpand run a relationship repair via Admin > Repair > Rebuild Relationships.
- 75074 : The News dashlet may not work as expected in the Accounts module.
- 75302 : Activities (e.g. calls and meetings) created via the Calendar module tab's actions menu may not appear in the calendar grid as expected. Reloading the web browser will display the newly created activity (e.g. call) in the calendar grid.
- 75689 : Users assigned a role where access to the Contacts module is disabled may see the Import button improperly appear on the D&B: Contact Information dashlet which results in an error when clicked.
- 75876 : Opportunities with the Forecast Bar Chart dashlet in the intelligence pane may fail to load with a 500 error if the expected close date is set outside of the time period defined in Admin > Forecasts. As a workaround, either remove the Forecast Bar Chart dashlet from all opportunity record views or reconfigure a wider range in time period via Admin > Forecasts. Please note that all existing Forecast data will be lost if the time period is changed.
- 75916 : Customizing JS and other core files may cause customizations to not work as expected after upgrading to 7.7.x.
- 75937 : Users assigned a role where access to the Project Tasks module is disabled are improperly able to create project tasks via the Project Tasks subpanel.
- 75938 : The values may not display as expected for MultiSelect type fields in report results.
- 75939 : Importing a large number of records (e.g. 8,000) in Sugar may fail to import as expected. As a workaround, break up the import file into smaller batches with less than 5,000 records.
- 75940 : Mass deleting more than 20 Account records with numerous related records may fail to delete as expected and result in an error.
- 75960 : Running JSMin version 2.x (e.g. 2.0.1) in PHP may cause unexpected issues when utilizing Sugar. Reverting to JSMin version 1.x (e.g. 1.1.0) should resolve the issue.
- 76007 : Inline editing the User field for records in the module's list view (e.g. Accounts) may display an error upon save for users assigned a role with View and Edit permissions set to "Owner". Reloading the web browser will resolve the issue and display the updated assigned user's name for the record in the list view.
- 76025 : Related record subpanels may not display as collapsed by default on the Targets record view after it has been converted.
- 76040 : Certain modules may be marked as customized in Admin > Studio > Export Customizations after installing or upgrading to 126.96.36.199.
- 76063 : Renaming custom modules via Admin > Rename Modules may not work as expected and display the module name incorrectly in certain areas of Sugar. As a workaround, change the module name incustom/Extension/application/Ext/Language/en_us.PKG.php, perform a "Quick Repair and Rebuild" via Admin > Repair, then change certain labels (e.g. LNK_NEW_RECORD) to reflect the correct module name via Admin > Studio.
- 76067 : Certain meters (e.g. Standard Contacts, Family Tree, Accounts) in the D&B: Usage Meter dashlet may not show the used credit levels in green.
- 76068 : The D&B: Usage Meter dashlet may not display correctly when the connector is enabled for the Standard license type.
- 76107 : Generating Calls, Meetings, or Tasks reports grouped by "Day" for Date or Datetime fields (e.g. Day: Start Date, Day: Date Created, etc.) may result in a database failure error for certain database stacks (e.g. DB2).
- 76112 : Adding the Calls module to the Convert Lead layout may cause unexpected errors during lead conversion.
- 76113 : When accessing Sugar using Chrome or Firefox, clicking the "i" icon for Call, Meeting, or Task record cells on the calendar view may cause the calendar grid to appear blank and improperly display the more information pop-up window at the bottom of the screen.
- 76124 : Users assigned a role with View permission set to "None" for a module (e.g. Contacts) may be able to preview the module record via the Search and Add drawer for Sidecar modules.
- 76125 : The Tags field values may not appear in correct alphabetical order in the module's list view (e.g. Accounts).
- 76126 : When entering a dependency formula for a DropDown-type field, clicking the Cancel button on Studio's formula builder may not close the window as expected and result in an error.
- 76129 : When a module is renamed via Admin > Rename Modules, the Related to field in Sugar continues to display the previous module name instead of the new name.
- 76130 : Printing reports with charts (e.g. Summation-type reports) to PDF may not display correctly when logged in with languages using right-to-left script (e.g. Arabic, Hebrew).
- 76141 : When related record subpanels in Legacy module detail views (e.g. Contracts) are collapsed for newly created records, the double arrow icon may no longer appear for users to expand the subpanel. As a workaround, refresh the page and the double arrow icons will appear again.
- 76240 : Required fields that are not completed when inline editing a module's record view may not get highlighted in red upon save to indicate that it needs to be completed still. Clicking the Edit button again and saving the record will highlight any required fields that need to be completed.
- 76339 : For some On-Demand instances, Sugar may not display or behave as expected after upgrading to 188.8.131.52.
- 76389 : Changing the Assigned To user from the Campaigns edit view may not update the field as expected. As a workaround, mass update the Assigned To field for the campaign record(s) from the Campaigns list view.
- 76486 : After upgrading to 184.108.40.206, Sugar's convert lead layout may not work as expected during lead conversion.
- 76518 : Selecting "Import from Build a List" from the Accounts, Contacts, or Leads module's actions menu may display an error (Field Render Failed Unable to render the dnb_bal_job_fn field. Please contact technical support.) when logged into Sugar using Internet Explorer 11. The D&B Build a List page works properly after closing the error message.
- 76616 : Reports with empty relate fields in the display column may not generate report results as expected.
- 76695 : Reports created for the Knowledge Base module may not work as expected after upgrading to 220.127.116.11 if any invalid fields (e.g. Expiration Date) are detected in the report.
- 76696 : Custom fields added to the Default column for Knowledge Base module's List View and Popup ListView layouts in Studio may not display in the layouts as expected after upgrading to 18.104.22.168. To resolve the issue, administrators will need to move the custom field(s) from the Hidden column to the Default column via Admin > Studio.
- 76698 : Previously existing reports may not display the Primary Team Name field values (e.g. East) as hyperlinks after upgrading to 22.214.171.124. Creating a new report including the Primary Team Name field will display the field values as hyperlinks as expected.
- 76699 : When logged into Sugar using certain browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer 11), multiselect-type fields may not display properly when inline editing or mass updating the field via the module's list view.
- 76839 : Relationships to custom modules do not function correctly after the custom module has been disabled and re-enabled via Module Loader. As a workaround, navigate to Admin > Repair and perform a Quick Repair and Rebuild after re-enabling the module.
Changes in release 126.96.36.199 which may affect developers include the following:
- A Command Line Interface (CLI) tool, located at bin/sugarcrm, and associated CLI framework has been added to the Sugar application. This CLI framework is in Beta so there could be significant changes to it in upcoming Sugar releases. This framework allows you to register commands using a new application-level Console extension point or by registering them using Composer.
- With the introduction of a new input validation framework, two new Sugar Config settings have been added, validation.soft_fail andvalidation.compat_mode. These settings are true by default to ensure compatibility, but these defaults will change in a future Sugar release. For more information, please refer to the Developer Guide or this SugarCON security breakout presentation.
- The following PHP methods and classes have been deprecated in order to add future support for prepared statements:
- SugarVisibility::addVisibilityFrom(),SugarVisibility::addVisibilityWhere(), andSugarVisibility::addVisibilityFromQuery() have been deprecated. UseSugarQuery and SugarVisibility::addVisibilityQuery() instead.
- BeanVisibility::addVisibilityFrom(),BeanVisibility::addVisibilityWhere(), andBeanVisibility::addVisibilityFromQuery() have been deprecated. UseSugarQuery and BeanVisibility::addVisibilityQuery() instead.
- SugarQuery_Builder_Delete has been deprecated. UseSugarBean::mark_deleted() instead.
- SugarQuery_Builder_Insert and SugarQuery_Builder_Update have been deprecated. Use SugarBean::save() instead.
- SugarQuery_Builder_Literal has been deprecated. There is not alternative because the class was never fully implemented.
- SugarQuery_Compiler has been deprecated. UseSugarQuery_Compiler_SQL instead.
- SugarQuery::joinRaw() has been deprecated. UseSugarQuery::joinTable() instead. You can specify aliases and join types using parameters that will allow you to continue to specify any custom join.
- SugarQuery::compileSql() is deprecated. Use SugarQuery::execute()instead or use $query->compile()->getSQL() and$query>compile()->getParameters(). Executed SQL can also be viewed in sugarcrm.log by adjusting the Sugar log level to DEBUG or INFO.
- The $execute parameter on DBManager::insertParams() is deprecated. In the future, insertParams() will always execute.
- The $execute parameter on DBManager::updateParams() is deprecated. In the future, updateParams() will always execute.
- The $where parameter on SugarBean::update() is deprecated. This parameter is not necessary.
- DBManager::delete() is deprecated. Use SugarBean::mark_deleted()instead.
- DBManager::retrieve() is deprecated. Use SugarBean::retrieve()instead.
- DBManager::insertSQL() is deprecated. Use DBManager::insert()instead.
- DBManager::updateSQL() is deprecated. Use DBManager::update()instead.
- DBManager::deleteSQL() is deprecated. UseSugarBean::mark_deleted() instead.
- DBManager::retrieveSQL() is deprecated. Use DBManager::retrieve() instead.
- DBManager::preparedQuery(), DBManager::pQuery(),DBManager::prepareQuery(), DBManager::prepareTypeData(), andDBManager::prepareStatement() have been deprecated. TheseDBManager methods are no longer necessary.
- JSONP support for v4_1 REST API and earlier versions is now disabled by default. A new config option jsonp_web_service_enabled should be set to true to enable JSONP support on these API versions.
Additional Product Information
Sugar 188.8.131.52 does not include support for the following pieces of functionality:
- Sugar Mobile Plus is not supported in Sugar 7.
For information on supported platform components, see Sugar 7.7.x Supported Platforms.