The Summer ’20 release delivers innovations across the entire Customer 360 Platform to support you in times of change.
- How to Use the Release Notes
Salesforce release notes offer brief, high-level descriptions of enhancements and new features. Salesforce includes setup information, tips to help you get started, and best practices to ensure your continued success.
- Get Ready for the Release
Reading the release notes is a great step in preparing for the release. These other resources help get you, your org, and your users ready for what’s coming your way. Salesforce added resources throughout the release when they become available, so check back often.
- How and When Do Features Become Available?
Some features in Summer ’20 affect all users immediately after the release goes live. Consider communicating these changes to your users beforehand so that they’re prepared. Other features require direct action by an administrator before users can benefit from the new functionality.
- Supported Browsers
Salesforce made some changes to the supported browsers documentation, making it easier to find what you need. Supported browsers for Salesforce vary depending on whether you use Salesforce Classic or Lightning Experience.
- Salesforce Overall: Lightning Experience on iPad, Optimize Your Org, and Work Smart with Split View
Access Lightning Experience on your iPad, use the Lightning Experience Configuration Converter and Salesforce Optimizer App to help you transition to Lightning Experience, and breeze through your records with split view for standard navigation. Also, add walkthroughs to your app, and use improved prompts to help get your users up to speed.
- Salesforce Einstein: Better Results in Einstein Search, Detect Text in Images with Einstein OCR, and Better Predictions with More Algorithms and Data in Einstein Discovery
Einstein Search is natural. Users can enter common words and phrases in the search box and find the records that they’re looking for. Use Einstein OCR (optical character recognition) to turn images such as business cards into alphanumeric text. Get even better predictions from Einstein Discovery with multiple modeling algorithms and increased row limits.
- Sales: Einstein Call Coaching and Engagement Details for High Velocity Sales, Custom Opportunity Splits, Quick Actions for Task Queues, and Pardot B2B Marketing Features
Use Einstein Call Coaching to analyze conversational data, and review engagement details to see when prospects engage over email. Create more custom opportunity split types. Set up quick actions to assign tasks to queues. Pardot adds Einstein Attribution and the Marketing Campaign Intelligence app. Get more control over opportunity access via territories. Path features come to Kanban. And email integration helps you boost productivity more than ever.
- Service: Service Cloud Voice, Einstein Reply Recommendations, Multi-Language Einstein Bots, Field Service Lightning Shift Improvements, and More
Talk with your customers via Service Cloud Voice, a new product that integrates the power of Salesforce with the telephony services of Amazon Connect. Recommend chat replies based on similar closed chats to support agents in the Lightning Service Console. Use Einstein Bots in nine languages. Manage Field Service Lightning shifts (beta) more easily with improvements to schedule views.
- Industries: Better Customer Focus with Action Plans, Search Enhancements, Store Visit Management, Account Manager Targets, and More
Vertical solutions from Salesforce Industries are full of features designed to bring you closer to your customers. Financial Services Cloud brings greater usability to Action Plans and helps you leverage your customers' loan application data to create financial accounts. Health Cloud brings you even more ways to support call center workers and connect with patients, along with increased convenience and usability. Consumer Goods Cloud helps your field reps focus on the most important data and manage their schedules more easily. Manufacturing Cloud helps keep your sales plans on track by enabling account managers to set account targets and forecast better.
- Analytics: Knowledge Category Filters, New Data Prep Tool, Tree-Based Models
Gain more detailed insights about your knowledge articles by filtering knowledge reports by category. Create recipes with the new, approachable editor, Data Prep (Beta). Get the best predictions from three modeling algorithms.
- Commerce: B2C Commerce on Lightning Experience, Enhanced Order Management Capabilities
Salesforce B2B Commerce on Lightning Experience brings the power of the Salesforce platform to your business-to-business (B2B) commerce solutions. Enhanced capabilities in Salesforce Order Management include support for multiple currencies, gross tax type on orders, refunds on cancellations, order product discounts, unmanaged orders, accounts and contacts, and payment processing with Adyen.
- Communities: Enhanced Personalization, Revamped Menu Components, and Guest User Security
Personalization sees a slew of enhancements available in both Experience Builder and the API. Display different link sets in navigation components, such as the revamped Tile Menu, and so much more. Various security enhancements help keep your data safe. And starting in Winter ’21, you no longer have the option of opting out of enabling guest user security settings, so now is the time to prepare.
- Salesforce CMS: New Image and Document Types, Mass Import, and B2B Integration
Manage your Salesforce CMS content more easily with new image and document content types. Quickly import multiple content items, such as images, news, documents, or custom content types. And use your CMS content in B2B Commerce on Lightning Experience.
- Files: Retiring Support for Adobe Flash Rendition
Switch your file rendition in Connect REST API from Adobe Flash to SVG.
- Mobile: Salesforce Mobile App and Notifications Enhancements
Get more done without leaving the Salesforce mobile app with personalized navigation, mobile activity reminders (pilot), and new Einstein Voice Assistant skill sets (beta). Send more push notifications, and send custom notifications to external apps. Anyone with access to a Lightning community can now access the Mobile Publisher Playground app (beta).
- Salesforce Sustainability Cloud: Better Carbon Tracking and Improved International Support
Gain easy access to key performance indicators and emissions trends with new Einstein Analytics dashboards. Take advantage of increased flexibility and support of Sustainability Cloud. Enter data with SI (metric) units and change the language to one of six languages. Run Sustainability Cloud in your Government Cloud org.
- myTrailhead: Enhance Your Company’s Branding with Customized Navigation Settings
Choose the pages to direct your users to when they click the help icon or log out of myTrailhead. Create custom links for your myTrailhead page footer. Salesforce branding elements have been removed from myTrailhead, so they don’t confuse your users.
- Customization: Lightning Flow Enhancements, Einstein Prediction Builder Improvements, and Lightning App Builder Updates
Build, configure, report on, and debug flows more easily with enhancements to Flow Builder and flow management. Improve predictions and efficiently manage them in Einstein Prediction Builder. Design and navigate your Lightning pages in new ways in the Lightning App Builder.
- Security, Privacy, and Identity: Authentication Enhancements, OCSP Stapling, and Real-Time Event Monitoring Threat Detection (Generally Available)
Salesforce updated two-factor authentication and delegated authentication. HTTPS connects faster with OCSP stapling. Real Time Event Monitoring Threat Detection is generally available, and you can choose to receive alerts to threats by app, email, or SMS.
- Deployment: New Change Set Components
New change set components are available.
- Development: Create Your Own Salesforce App
Whether you’re using Lightning components, Visualforce, Apex, or APIs with your favorite programming language, these enhancements help you develop amazing applications, integrations, and packages for resale to other organizations.
- Quip: Template Metrics, Einstein Analytics Live App, Full Support in VPC and Sandbox, and More
See how your users employ Quip templates with Quip for Customer 360 metrics. Bring your Einstein Analytics dashboards into Quip. Use all Quip for Customer 360 features in a sandbox. Keep your Quip documents with full VPC support. Add relationship maps to your Account Plans so that your reps can easily find key contacts and account history.
- Marketing: Interactive Email, Data Mapping Visualizer, and Distributed Marketing Quick Send for SMS
Marketing Cloud is the premier platform for delighting customers with 1:1 customer journeys. It enables you to build a single view of your customer, leveraging data from any source. Plan and optimize unique customer journeys based on your business objectives. Deliver personalized content across every channel and device at precisely the right time. Measure the impact of each interaction on your business so that you can optimize your approach in real time and deliver better results.
- Release Updates: Critical Updates and Security Alerts in One Location, Permission Changes for Apex, and More
Enjoy a cleaner view of important updates and alerts in one location. Ensure that your org stays up to date on all changes that affect its performance, security, and users.
For a full list of changes, download the PDF version of these release notes.
Download the PDF