SugarCRM has officially released version 2.2.0 of the Sugar plug-in for Microsoft Outlook!
This document describes any feature enhancements, as well as known and fixed issues for the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.2.0.
Note: Plug-in version 2.x is available for use with Sugar 7.x. For Sugar instances running 6.x, please use the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook version 1.x. For more information, please refer to the Plug-ins Supported Platforms.
New features and enhancements to existing features for Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.2.0 are as follows:
- Microsoft Outlook 2016 support : Microsoft Outlook 2016 is now supported for Outlook Plug-in 2.2.0.
- Security protocol for HTTPS connection : The "Force security protocol for HTTPS connections" setting is now available to configure under the Advanced tab of the SugarCRM Plug-in Settings window.
- Universal installation file : A universal Sugar Plug-in for Outlook file is now available for install across all supported versions of Outlook (2010, 2013, 2016).
Bugs fixed in the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.2.0 release include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 74355 : The email's assigned color categories (e.g. Blue Category, Green Category, Red Category) may change and display incorrectly (e.g. Blue Category, Green Category, Red CategorySugarCRM) after archiving the email to Sugar .
- 75020 : Outlook appointments with inline images may not sync to Sugar and result in an error.
- 75178 : Creating and syncing a contact in Outlook without associating an account may improperly create account records with blank names in Sugar.
- 75196 : Changing the date of a synced recurring meeting occurrence may result in an error or unexpected behavior when syncing to Sugar again.
- 75261 : Users assigned a role with Delete permission set to "None" may not be able to sync Outlook items (e.g. meetings, contacts) to Sugar as expected.
- 75298 : The Appointments option may be improperly disabled in the Sync to Sugar menu if the Calls or Meetings module is hidden from Sugar's navigation bar.
- 75299 : When composing an email, clicking the Lookup Sugar Address option may not load the "Contacts and Leads" window as expected if a user is assigned a role in Sugar where access is disabled for a module (e.g. Leads).
- 75320 : Creating an Outlook meeting linked to a synced contact record may not sync to Sugar as expected if the contact's email address (e.g. Tsmith@example.com) includes a capital letter.
- 75321 : Creating an appointment in Outlook with a blank subject may display an unexpected error message when clicking "Save and Mark for Sugar Sync" .
- 75424 : Syncing newly created meetings to Sugar may take longer than expected if numerous synced meetings already exist in Sugar.
- 75605 : Users assigned a role in Sugar with Edit permission set to "None" for the Accounts and Contacts modules may not be able to archive emails to these modules as expected.
- 75661 : The user's profile settings (e.g. Date Format, Preferred Currency) may not be respected when displaying the contact's relevant information (e.g. related opportunity's Likely value, Expected Close Date) in the Side Panel.
- 75754 : When creating a new contact in Outlook, clicking the Set Company to Sugar Account option and selecting an existing account record may not populate the Company field as expected in the contact form.
- 75889 : When changing the default language to German via the SugarCRM Plug-in Settings, the pop-up confirmation message displays incorrect translation.
- 75915 : During installation, the Outlook plug-in may not detect 32-bit Outlook applications installed on 64-bit Windows for some editions of Office and result in an error.
- 75943 : When syncing Outlook records (e.g. contacts) to Sugar an error may occur causing the sync to not work as expected.
- 76069 : Creating a new contact or lead via the Archiving Email window or the New Sugar Record option may not work as expected for the currently selected email if another email record is open as well.
- 76123 : Outlook may become unresponsive after configuring the Outlook plug-in connection or while utilizing the Outlook plug-in.
- 76143 : Performing certain actions (e.g. creating or closing Outlook meetings, syncing appointments, etc.) in Outlook may cause a pop-up error message (Error getting selected items status) to appear.
For more information on the above bug or to provide feedback, use the SugarCRM Bug Tracker.
Known issues in the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.2.0 release are as follows:
- 73030 : Attempting to drag and drop an email onto the Sugar record in the Archiving Email window does not work as expected when archiving to Sugar.
- 75198 : Making certain changes to a synced recurring meeting occurrence may result in an error or unexpected behavior when syncing to Sugar again.
- 76404 : The sugar options in the right-click menu may appear disabled for users assigned a role with Edit set to "None" for the specific module (e.g. Contacts).