SugarCRM has officially released version 2.1.0 of the Sugar plug-in for Microsoft Outlook!
This document describes any feature enhancements, as well as known and fixed issues for the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.1.0.
Note: Plug-in version 2.x is available for use with Sugar 7.x. For Sugar instances running 6.x, please use the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook version 1.x. For more information, please refer to the Plug-ins Supported Platforms.
New features and enhancements to existing features for Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.1.0 are as follows:
- Ability to archive emails to Sugar via Right-click menu : Users can now archive emails to Sugar via the Archive to Sugar option in the email's Right-click menu.
- Additional record data displays in Archiving Email window : Additional record information (e.g. title, office phone, etc.) now displays to the right of the matching record's name in the Results panel of the Archiving Email window.
- Contacts Side Panel : Users are now able to view matching Sugar contact details via the side panel when viewing emails in Outlook.
- Create new Account option : The Outlook plug-in now allows users to create accounts in Sugar via the Create new Account option in the Select Account window.
- SugarCRM Plug-in Options : The SugarCRM Plug-in Settings option and About SugarCRM Plug-in option now appear under the ADD-INS tab of Outlook.
- User interface improvements : The following are some additional changes made to the user interface:
- Sugar option icons (e.g. Archive to Sugar, Sync to Sugar, etc.), as well as module-specific icons (e.g. Accounts, Contacts, etc.), have been enhanced for better user experience.
- The Results panel in the Archiving Email window now display checkboxes next to each record for better usability.
Bugs fixed in the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.1.0 release include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 73043 : Syncing contacts between Outlook and Sugar may not work as expected when possible duplicate contacts exist.
- 73852 : Archiving an existing email does not populate the search box in the Archiving Email window as expected with the email address(es) in the To field.
- 74120 : The Outlook Plug-in may not archive emails to Sugar as expected.
- 74671 : Syncing Outlook meetings to Sugar may not work as expected if the user is assigned a role in Sugar where access is disabled for a module (e.g. Leads).
74676 : Syncing meetings to Sugar may fail and result in an error.
For more information on the above bug or to provide feedback, use the SugarCRM Bug Tracker.
Known issues in the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.1.0 release are as follows:
- 73030 : Attempting to drag and drop an email onto the Sugar record in the Archiving Email window does not work as expected when archiving to Sugar.
- 73113 : Installing the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.x does not override the previously installed version (1.x) of the Outlook plug-in if the selected installation option (Everyone, Just me) is different between the two installed versions. To resolve the issue, please uninstall both versions of the Outlook plug-in, then re-install the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.x.
- 75196, 75198 : Making certain changes to a synced recurring meeting occurrence may result in an error or unexpected behavior when syncing to Sugar again.