Released on November 27th, 2017
Run the GoldMine Premium 2018.1 installer for a new installation or to upgrade GoldMine Premium Edition 9.0.0 or newer.
- If you are upgrading from a version of GoldMine prior to 9.0.0, you must first upgrade to version 9.0.0 before upgrading to this version.
Run the GoldMine Connect 2018.1 installer for a new installation or to upgrade GoldMine Connect 2015.1 or newer.
- If you are upgrading from a version of GoldMine Connect prior to 2015.1, it is necessary to uninstall the existing version of GoldMine Mobile or GoldMine Connect and install GoldMine Connect 2018.1 as a new installation.
It is recommended to clear device/browser cache and restart IIS after an installation/reinstallation or upgrade of GoldMine Connect.
What’s New in GoldMine 2018.1
GoldMine Premium 2018.1.0.261 / GoldMine Connect 2018.1.0.184
Includes all functionalities added after GoldMine 2017.1 and any added in the 2017.1 Hot Fixes.
- New customization controls for the User > Settings > Contact Details area:
- Hide/show/change order of sections:
- Pending emails and email history: One must always be visible.
- Other information: Details, additional contacts, opportunities, cases, links, and notes.
- Changes are automatically saved for viewing on iOS devices as well.
- Contact detail settings are configured per user and are saved in the LocalStorage of supported browsers (user_CustomConfig) and the database ENVIRONMENT table (new record type "W").
Link email messages to GoldMine contacts
- New ability to link email messages to a contact (similar in functionality to GoldMine Link):
- Search for a contact, or create a new one, and link an email message to it.
- Link an email message to a suggested contact.
- Unlink an email message from a contact.
- Relink an email message to a contact.
- Move an email address from one contact and associate it with another contact.
GoldMine Link for Microsoft Outlook
Link draft email messages to GoldMine contacts
- New ability to link emails while composing them in the Outlook draft folder.
GoldMine templates for emails
- New ability to use GoldMine PE-defined document templates within Outlook as part of the message or as an attachment.
Search for a contact via email address
- The Search Contact field is now auto-populated with a contact’s email information.
- New ability to view a contact in GoldMine before linking (suggested contact and search results).
Goldmine Premium Edition
Overall visual updates, applied to as many areas of PE as possible
- In the Tools > Options > System tab, new ability for the administrator to:
- Change background color scheme of the PE user interface.
- Change font face/size used in the PE user interface.
Constant Contact integration upgrades
- New ability to upload a group from PE and associate it to a new or existing Constant Contact email list:
- Contacts must have an associated email address to be uploaded.
- This functionality exists in two places—the Group Configuration screen and Constant Contact Campaigns screen.
- New ability to display details of a Constant Contact campaign:
- In the Constant Contact Screen of PE, double-click a specific campaign to view details such as email and click-through statistics.
- New ability to view hyperlinks that a contact has clicked in a campaign:
- In the History tab of a contact, select a click action. In the Preview pane, view hyperlink(s) the contact has clicked.
What’s Fixed in GoldMine 2017.1
GoldMine Premium 2018.1.0.261 / GoldMine Connect 2018.1.0.184
Includes issues that were addressed after GoldMine 2017.1 and issues fixed in the 2017.1 Hot Fixes.
- 254339 : When setting up email rules, a warning message states that it's possible to carbon copy as a rule, but there is no CC or BCC rule possible.
- 235057 : GM Web graphical calendar day/dates not responsive enough on small devices; they are partly overlapping each other.
- 248871 : WebImport does not update Contact2 records when a LOOKUP.INI is in place and one of the WebImport fields is numeric (XML format).
- 253620 : Outlook Link - Being able to manually link an email when writing and then send it - like in Outlook Integration Plus via the GoldMine pane when creating an email.
- 238987 : Emails are duplicated when using retrieving emails. The middle part of the Mail ID changes itself; therefore, GoldMine cannot identify that the email is already in.
- 209886 : Only the 50 most recent campaigns at time of retrieval into GoldMine are available on the Constant Contact tab.
- 252734 : Renaming a GM+ View template strips the HTML code from the template, causing the View to stop working.
- 248856 : HTML-formatted emails created and sent from Constant Contact are not displaying formatting properly when downloaded to GoldMine.
- 215927 : Ability to view which hyperlinks have been clicked when using the Constant Contact integration.
- 217356 : Create a new Constant Contact details window that displays the details related to the selected campaign.
- 253365 : When saving an email with special characters as a draft or outbox for later editing and sending, the special characters are destroyed.
- 253423 : Using GM Outlook Link "View in GoldMine" resizes GoldMine to full screen.
- 253336 : When a username has a special character (e.g., in Danish or German) and emails are sent, the name's special characters are destroyed.
- 253496 : Outlook Link - Having a hyperlink for View Contact only on the value and not complete row when searching for a contact record.
- 253528 : Outlook Link - Being able to search for email address when linking an email and searching for a contact.
- 253523 : Outlook Link - When Link Email offers all contact records in a list containing any of the related email addresses (this helps when the user is in a B2B communicating to end customers
- 253500 : Outlook Link Configuration - Having a default option set and saved for adding or not adding the email address when searching for a contact record within Outlook in PE.
- 253774 : When you select a contact on the screen, it would be nice if you could double-click to link. The Link button could also be the default button so when you press Enter, it would link the contact.
- 253823 : Outlook Link - Not recognizing email addresses that don't have a contact's name from the record (E-mail Addresses Window > Contact's name) and therefore auto linking such emails fails and when manually linking getting message No Contact ...
- 253897 : Server error - An error has occurred on the server please contact your system administrator - When clicking Refine in GoldMine Connect and selecting a custom screen and selecting the field comments >> Select (any operator) ...
- 253863 : History tab filter exclusion breaking corrupting user.ini FILTERCONDITION= entry.
- 237160 : Grid filters in Pending/History tab (most likely everywhere grid filters can be set) do not work consistently when the filter value has an ' (apostrophe).
- 240605 : When manually copying an Outlook email to GoldMine from within E-Mail Center, the special characters are changed and corrupted.
- 215271 : When replying to an email, inline images do not show in the reply and the email is changed to content type: css/text.
- 165979 : With IE 9-11, cursor not visible in Reference when scheduling activity.
- 249609 : Follow-up on RM 214724 - In certain cases, a customer is recognized only on replies; German characters are still destroyed.
- 232562 : When a contact name has an apostrophe and several e-mail addresses are linked to this contact record, trying to add the contact as a recipient to an email will automatically take all related email addresses instead of offering the selection dialog box.
- 252667 : GM Web - Revoked Opportunities, Activities, or Calendar rights will remove tabs in GoldMine Web (ACTIVITIES, OPPORTUNITIES, CASES) but the Home dashboard still shows My Activities, Recent Opportunities/Cases.
- 156252 : Duplicate screen tab names appear when you customize the screen tab names.
- 250662 : Unable to log into Constant Contact via GoldMine to set up or create new campaigns.
- 252773 : Even if the "Save attachments as linked documents" setting is unchecked, the new GoldMine Link for Outlook does NOT honor the setting in Tools > Options > E-Mail > More Options > Retrieval.
- 252777 : A newer version of Microsoft Outlook is needed for the plug-in to be installed. The GoldMine Link for Microsoft Outlook will not be installed.
- 239832 : Image attachments in emails sent from iOS devices add what appears to be header information to the attachment extension when downloaded into GoldMine.
- 246648 : API assistance request - customer getting an error - object reference not set to an instance of an object on inserting data and retrieving data via API.
- 234347 : Setting custom filters on any grids (e.g., History and Pending tabs, and most likely other grids as well) for blank values will result in inconsistent and wrong results.
- 223755 : After setting the encoding for sending an email in GoldMine, Exchange shows the proper name of the retrieved email as =?iso 8859-1?B?MQ==?=.
- 252928 : Error editing or viewing activities in GM Web - "Server error: error in activity controller action: get activity F2 metadata"
- 206519 : After creating custom tabs and then moving their position, the tab list duplicates the custom tabs created.
- 238991 : When the message ID contains an apostrophe, the email will be downloaded repeatedly.
- 230409 : Setting a filter on a tab with a lot of records (e.g., History by Contact), then sorting the results by date, will result in a blank window as no records 'match' the criteria.
- 253026 : Privilege errors when Outlook Link is installed, although both applications are started as the same user with the new Outlook Link.
- 253121 : Since upgrading to HF1 of the GM Link, an exception is thrown when new emails are auto-linked where this is a Link Exclusion set.
- 247943 : Expanded notes windows appear when the activity-related fields (for example CAL>REF or CONTHIST>RESULTCODE) have a context-dependent F2 Lookup, and you try and open the specific field from an activity.
- 230812 : Setting a filter (not grid filter but via Options) on a tab with a lot of records (e.g., with a certain reference) and scrolling down to get more results, the existing results will be visually duplicated repeatedly, and no real further results if a
- 253173 : GM Web - An error has occurred on the server. Please contact your system administrator when clicking the Refine button for an advanced search.
- 252893 : Provide better logging or information about possible HRESULT exception meanings, as they cannot be identified via Google.
- 247237 : The Save as Group feature within the Contact Search Center allows curtained records to be added to a group.
- 232875 : Constant Contact campaigns occasionally display as duplicated in the Campaigns grid. This can happen when 2 different users are logging into the same Constant Contact account but also in other instances.
- 217215 : Replying to email with an apostrophe and a comma in the alias will cause an error stating that the email address is not linked.
- 247469 : Build a Group contains unexpectedly curtained contact records - group building does not respect record ownership and curtaining.
- 253146 : Unable to open email attachments from Pending Email (email in the GoldMine Inbox).
- 253181 : GM Web - An error has occurred on the server. Please contact your system administrator when clicking the Refine button for an advanced search.
- 253262 : Unable to set the GMGoogleSync configuration, error when trying to access http://localhost/goldmine/configuration - Server error in ‘Goldmine/Configuration' application.
- 253430 : If a non-master user has the Add New option unchecked under the Access Tab of Tools > User Settings > Properties, they can’t edit a contact record in GM Web, even if they are the owner of the contact record.
- 253476 : Outlook Link - When searching for contacts, clicking the found name immediately opens GoldMine. This is inconvenient and should require a double-click.
- 253292 : Clone a primary field view in Record Types Admin. Whatever name is chosen brings up a “This name is already in use” error.
- 253836 : Special characters (e.g., French) are destroyed when saving an email template and when sending such an email to a contact.
- 254172 : Change default action when linking an email to a different contact. Currently, the default option is "YES," but the preferred and least destructive default should be “NO.”
- 254487 : GM Web hangs on the landing page and when opening a contact record for an extended period before showing results.