DocuSign January 2019 Update
Released on December 20th, 2018
New and Updated Features
Better Navigation in Admin
Admin will have improved navigation to help you better navigate through the admin experience. The new navigation also better supports various screen sizes and form factors.
Connected Apps to be Renamed and Moved
Connected Apps will be renamed to Document Sources and moved under Sending Settings to better define and categorize the purpose of these settings.
This change will also be made in My Preferences in the New DocuSign Experience.
Clarification to Envelope Security Improvement: Signing Links Expire Automatically
This feature is now live for all customers in Demo and is scheduled for Production starting in mid-October.
In an effort to improve the security of unauthenticated access to envelopes, this change expires links to envelopes after five clicks or 48 hours from the time they are sent. This only applies to unauthenticated envelopes, this does not apply to envelopes with an access code or other authentication methods such as SSO.
Initially, this will not be enabled for all accounts but will be rolled out to accounts over the coming weeks.
Here are some details:
- If you apply an access code or other authentication method. This is what currently happens:
- If you send an envelope with authentication required every time to view the envelope, the envelope is sent and the link never expires
- If you send an envelope with authentication required only once to view the envelope, the envelope is sent, the recipient is asked to authenticate, and after they authenticate the five clicks or 48 hours rule applies and a new link is sent
If users are required to authenticate with both an access code and SMS or phone, the new link only requires the access code to authenticate (it does not require SMS or phone authentication)
After a link has expired, the user can request a new link that will be sent to their email account
- For signers with accounts, they can sign in to their DocuSign account to gain access to the envelope regardless of the link expiration status
- Applies to all in-progress links for all recipient types
- Links to completed envelope links expire under the same flow
- This applies to existing links not just new links generated after this change is deployed
Sending and Templates
Comment Before Sending and While Correcting Envelopes
Users can now leverage DocuSign comments prior to sending an envelope and while correcting an envelope. After creating an envelope and going to the add fields page, users can click the Add Comment icon at the top of the page to apply a comment to the document. When correcting an envelope, users can now see existing comments and add their own. This feature will be made available to customers starting in mid-January and will be available to all customers by late February.
Prompt Users to Finish Signing on PowerForms
Users will now be prompted to finish the signing session on PowerForms through a dialog box if they close the tab or window before they finish signing.
New Field in API to Store Tooltip Content
We have added an extra field to the radio button group API to store specifically tooltip content in the add fields page instead of using existing data labels, which is duplicate information.
Accessibility Update to Add CMD+Opt+S for Mac and Ctrl+Alt+S for PC to Open the Shortcuts Dialog
We will add hidden text on this page that announces "Press Ctrl+Alt+S to view keyboard shortcuts." when the page loads, or an extra link after the Skip to Main Content link that says "Keyboard Shortcuts". It's important that users who navigate with the keyboard know that they can use this option before they get trapped on the page.
Accessibility Update to Page Titles
For improved accessibility, all the pages now have more descriptive titles.
Manage and Templates now follow the folder that is being seen
Prepare and Add fields pages also describe whether an envelope or template is being created
Document Details has the title of the envelope
Recipient Preview Disabled in Demo
A critical bug in Preview caused us to roll back that functionality in Demo earlier in December. Preview will likely be reactivated in Demo in January, and we'll restart production rollout with the February release.
Check Box Group Validation Rules
Senders can now create checkbox groups with validation rules for signers. Rules include the ability to select the exact number, at least, at most, or a range of checkboxes that must be selected. The feature will be enabled starting mid-January for select customers. It will be enabled for other customers on a rolling basis.
Contact your account representative to have this feature enabled for your account.
Change to Stamp Wrapper Text
The Stamp wrapper text has been changed to "DocuSigned by:" for non-Japanese (eHanko) stamps. Before this change, the wrapper text was "DS" for all stamps. Japanese stamps continue to use the "DS" wrapper text. All other stamps now use the "DocuSigned by:" wrapper text.
Support for DocuSign Print Driver v2 is Ending.
Starting January 2019, Print Driver v2 will no longer function. Customers are encouraged to upgrade to Print Driver v3.x. The latest version (v3.2.1 uploaded October 10, 2018) of Print Driver is now available from the DocuSign support download site.
Sending and Templates
- When an Editor recipient's session timed out, neither they nor the sender could access the envelope, which was locked in Correcting mode, for about 20 minutes. After that, the envelope was unlocked and could only be corrected by the sender.
We now show the Continue button to Editors (MAR-27661).
- When using the Use A Template option from either the Manage or Home tabs, or when in an envelope draft, the full list of templates did not load. Instead, only 40 templates loaded for the users (admin or not). To get the full list of templates, the users had to go to the Templates tab instead.
Now, the complete list of templates available to users loads as they scroll through the list (MAR-28384).
- We have changed the design for the Document Visibility dialog box to the one in the following image. We now show checkboxes instead of eye icons (MAR-28041).
- The in-person signing process now prompts hosts to enter their passwords to complete the process to log in before landing in the envelope list (SIGN-19767)
- Prior to this fix, documents with background images did not convert well to Responsive Signing - images appeared inline with DocuSign fields. After this fix, DocuSign fields will appear correctly over background images, and background images will scale with the size of the device (DPI-781).
- When a recipient is not able to view supplemental docs based on hidden settings, we now honor those settings when determining which attachments to include in completed envelopes (DCMT-2126).
- Users choosing to keep form data after uploading a document will now find that the completed PDFs still maintain form data fields as read-only fields instead of flattened text. This change will be released over several weeks (DCMT-2135).
Sending and Templates
Adding Tooltip to Radio Buttons
We will be adding a Tooltip to the Radio Buttons in the add fields page that can be included as the tooltip instead of the Data Label that is in many cases an internal name that shouldn't be disclosed.
Radio Button and Check Box Placement Aligned in Sending and Signing
Prior to this fix, radio buttons and checkboxes placed in the sending experience were slightly lower and to the right of the field values that appeared in signing and the completed PDF. After this fix, radio and checkbox fields appear exactly in the sending user experience as they do in signing and the completed PDF.
Link Added to My Profile to Manage ID Settings
Users will now see a link in the upper right-hand menu to My Profile, where they can manage settings related to their identity. This will open a new tab to complete the changes.
Message to Users in My Preferences That ID Information Can Be Changed in My Profile
Users will see messaging in My Preferences that they can now change their identity information (email, passwords, company and title, address, etc) on My Profile. These settings will still be editable on My Preferences for a few months for all plans.
Environmental Impact Data in Reports
The Reports page will highlight ways in which your use of DocuSign is having a positive effect on the environment by replacing paper-based processes. We will display data estimating how much wood and other resources have been saved.
The name-number is the internal DocuSign issue tracking number for the bug.
- When a sender is also a signer on an envelope with document visibility, they can click Document Visibility to review the document visibility. When they click Save to exit the document visibility dialog box, they receive the error "Document Visibility changes could not be saved. Please try again." They receive this message regardless of whether they have made any changes. The error only occurs when the sender is also set as a signer on the envelope (MAR-25261).
- For account admins, the All Templates folder isn't displaying every template for every user in the account. Some account admins are finding instances where certain templates are not displayed to them in that list. Even if they filter on a word in the Template name, the template is not listed.
The owner/creator of the template can see the template in the My Templates folder. As a workaround, if they click the template to go to the Template Details page, they can copy and paste the URL to the template into an email. When the Admins click that email link, they can access the Template Detail page (MAR- 26748)
- A user created a template that contains form fields. The label names for the fields in the template are identical to the label names of the PDF forms fields. Data population scope is set to Envelope.
The values do not replicate in the add field page or in signing unless the value in either the PDF or the blank value in the template is changed. The pre-filled form field values should replicate into the template because the label names are identical and population scope = envelope (MAR-27157).
- Customer created a bulk send CSV file with authentication by SMS. Some telephone numbers needed to be corrected to change the recipient's phone number to receive the authentication at the correct number.
When the customer starts the correction, the current authentication method is not displayed, and they do not have the option to add a new authentication method. The problem began with the customer phone numbers in the CSV file that were wrong, but we noticed that even when the phone numbers were correct, it also blocked the option to correct the authentication.
The authentication method will be available for correction (MAR-27730).
- When attempting to print the History of an envelope, a blank page is inserted as the first page, the format is changed to landscape, and the page numbers are incorrect.
The Print button on the History window should present a result whose format better matches the history we display in-app, or the option for portrait or landscape view should be offered (MAR- 28190).
- When a user logs in, we set a timer to make a call to keep the token alive There was an issue with the timer, which was not triggering.
The timer was always set at 8 hrs at the time of page load. The problem with this was that, if a user refreshed the page, then timer was again set to 8 hrs from the time of page loadinstead fromm the time the token was acquired (MAR-28255).
- After enabling the permission level setting "Disable Document Upload", users are still able to drag and drop uploads (MAR-28264).
- There is no way user can now add an item to a radio button group or a checkbox group using the keyboard
As we have a radio button and group checkbox it is better to provide keyboard support to add extra radio button or checkboxes in a group.The focus should go to all the radios and then to the "+" to give the chance to the user to add an extra radio (MAR-28527).
- When a sender's inbox is shared with a signer, they are not getting the certificate on download even though they are acting as the sender. Work has been done in Core to fix portions of this problem. However, the getDocument request supports an optional query parameter "shared_user_id" that is necessary to complete a download "as that user". We are now adding that parameter when downloading from a shared inbox to complete the work to get the certificate to shared users properly(MAR-28539).
- With some users, adding a stamp in preferences does not upload the image properly (MAR-28166).