On August 21st, we had our wMobile User Group Meeting where we discussed wMobile with GoldMine 2018.2 and Beyond.
Our next meeting will be on November 20, which will highlight the topic: Preparing for a wMobile Migration to a New Server.
A huge thank you to everyone who attended and participated! Below is the video recording, general notes, as well as the Speaker Deck presentation.
Still have questions about wMobile? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Review of Existing Resources
- Features and Fixes in wMobile
- Focus Topic: wMobile with GoldMine 2018.2 and Beyond
- Open Q&A
- Resources tab
- Videos for Phone and Desktop, recorded Webinars, Product Literature Including Online Help Guide
- Tech Specs (updated)
- Release Notes
- Demos and Downloads tab
- Shortcuts for Latest Articles, Upcoming Events, and Training
- New Support link in web page header provides options to submit with form or via portal.
- Blog Articles
- Use the support form on the website, using the Support button.
- Login into our support portal and create a case
- Please let us know if you’d like to submit support cases through the portal and we can provide credentials to log in.
- Posted on the wMobile Product Page
- Included in newsletter
- wMobile Installer will always check for the latest release
- You must be on maintenance to update
- wMobile Content
- wMobile User Group - Quarterly
- wMobile Newsletter – Monthly
- wMobile Blog Posts – New content monthly
For additional information on product updates, see the Speaker Deck deck below.
Highlights of What’s New in wMobile (General)
- wMobile 5.0 release!
- Telerik upgrade
- wMobile 5.0 now uses .NET Framework 4.7.2 (or higher). A server reboot is often required for this Microsoft update.
- Windows Server 2019 is now supported
- SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine update
- Dynamic Content Compression requirement in IIS updated in online documentation
- Please upgrade! Any wDiagnostic report submitted from wMobile 4.0 will not be received.
Topics for Next User Group
- Winning Topic for November: Preparing for a wMobile Migration to a New Server
- Email Merge in wMobile Desktop
- Using Pending and History Activity Lists in wMobile Desktop
- Duplicate Detection Settings in wMobile
- New Metric Dashboards for Activities in wMobile Desktop [September]
- Support for Custom Fields in Projects in wMobile Phone [September]
- Support for TLS Encrypted Database Connection [October]
- Metric Dashboards for Opportunities and Projects [November]
Next wMobile User Group – Wednesday, November 20th, 2019