On June 29th, we had our wMobile Online User Group Meeting focused on the topic: Using Dashboards in Phone and Desktop. Our next meeting will be on August 31st, which will highlight the topic “Managing Opportunities/Projects in wMobile Desktop.”
A huge thank you to everyone who attended and participated! Below is the video recording, general notes, Speaker Deck presentation as well as the questions & answers.
Still have questions about wMobile? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Review of Existing Resources
- Features and fixes in wMobile
- Focus Topic: Creating and Using Merge templates
- Open Q&A
Existing wMobile Resources
- Check out the W-Systems website with a brand new branding revamp and new content (in particular the wMobile Product Page) to access the following:
- Online User Guide
- Release Notes
- Upcoming Training
- wMobile Blog
- Request Technical Support (now in the lower right-hand corner of the page)
- Email Tech Support
- Posted on wMobile Product Page
- Included in bi-monthly newsletter
- wMobile Installer will always check for latest release
- You must be on maintenance to update
For additional information on product updates, see the Speaker Deck below.
What’s new in wMobile?
- New icon for wMobile Phone and Desktop on device home screen or computer desktop*
- Can now link email messages to Projects
- New user preference to automatically file and delete email on reply in wMobile
- Add Email Address column to contact Quick Search options*
- Option to configure wMobileDesktop contact list columns in wMobile Manager Console User Default Settings
- Added wMobile Diagnostic check for primary keys & constraints
* Noted in the last wMobile User Group as Previews
What’s new in wMobile Phone?
- Change the date chooser in wMobile Phone to use a calendar control
- Problem restoring wMobile Phone session on iOS when returning the app from background
- Error updating custom field views in wMobile phone
What’s new in wMobile Desktop
- Tapping in search fields in wMobileDesktop on iPads is fixed
- Issue fixed where Email fetcher stopped when the alarm monitor threw an exception
- Option added to auto-fill ContHist.Ref with the first 40 characters of activity notes
- Email Template Fixes
- The user email template list should not show the public templates
- Cannot get to bottom of C2 field list to add field in Email Template
- Deleting Email Template should have a confirmation prompt
- Filter Updates
- F2 lookup list was not displayed the when using Filter Builder in Contact list page
- When creating a new filter using FilterBuilder, the contact filter list in left pad now updates automatically
- Case Updates
- Can now sort by Age
- Added column resizing (changes will be sticky)
- Opportunity/Project Fixes
- Status and Stage field now have filter options in wMobileDesktop Opportunity List View
- Added filter option for ‘Active’ Opportunities and ‘Active (Not Closed)’ Projects to match GoldMine filter options.
- Reordering of fields in Opportunities and Projects list view is now working
- Email Updates
- When deleting IMAP/POP3 email messages, they are now moved to a Local Trash folder
- Inline image attachments from iOS email client were not included in forwarded email in wMobile
- Email cursor jumps to the bottom of the email body when pressing ENTER while composing email
- Search updated to include 'From Name' as well as email address in Email Center
- Support added to manage F2/Lookup Lists
wMobile Webinar Notes (Q&A)
Q: Can wMobile integrate to the iPad calendar?
A: The main purpose of wMobile is to provide live access to GoldMine data. Anything added in wMobile is written directly to the network GoldMine SQL database. Likewise, anything added to the network GoldMine will be seen in wMobile, because it’s accessing the live database. wMobile is not a synchronization method. However, it is possible to synchronize individual contacts and calendar events to the local address book and calendar using wMobile Phone. (This is also something that might be restricted in the wMobile Manager Console.)
If not restricted, the user will see an option to ‘Add to Local Calendar’ as highlighted below.
At the bottom of a contact record, there would be an ‘Add to Local Address Book’ option.
There are two methods of downloading contacts or activities (Download or Email) which are set in the wMobile Phone User Preferences.
The method will depend on the device.
- iPhones – Email
- Android Phones - Download (either)
- Windows Phones – Download
- BlackBerry – not tested (but should work with Email)
If an administrator needs to restrict either of these options, that can be done in the wMobile Manager Console in the System Settings. If set to ‘True’ the options will be shown. If set to ‘False’ the user will not see them.
The administrator would click Save to preserve any changes and would need to restart services as prompted for the changes to take effect.