wMobile 2018 Recap, Year in Review
We are starting 2019 with a new wMobile build - 4.1. Customers with current wMobile maintenance can upgrade to our newest wMobile build (4.1) with the W-Systems branding and the features noted above. The new installer can be located on the Demos and Downloads page of the wMobile website. All upcurvecloud.com references including the installer/updater web address, license activation, and wDiagnostics will be re-pointed to the w-systems.com domain during this upgrade.
Some of the highlights of wMobile development in 2018:
Improvements in wMobile Desktop Calendar Views
- New pane in calendar views with activity count and activity details for the selected day
- Each activity has an ellipse button (3 dots) with navigation and activity management options including Go to Contact, Edit, Complete, Delete, and Export to iCal
- When an activity is highlighted, there’s a new detail pane with icon buttons to Edit, Complete, Delete or Go To Contact.
- Quick option to show or Hide History activities, without having to leave the calendar and go into User options.
Improvements in wMobile Phone Calendar Views
- Selected day is highlighted with a blue border.
- Days with pending activities/events are darker and displayed in bold.
- Under day name if there are pending activities, history activities or events on that day, there is displayed a circle for every activity type. The circle color is consistent with user calendar preferences(event color, history color, pending color).
- There was added a user setting in Calendar preferences page: DotsIndicatorSize which will affect the size of the circle displayed under day name. This setting can have one of the values: Small, Medium, Big.
Improvement in Adding Additional Contacts to Emails in wMobile Phone
Additional contacts can be checked without having to search for each one.
Features and changes in wMobile for Compatibility with GoldMine 2018.2 and Data Security
- The addition of a SQL read-only user to be used for the wMobile Desktop SQL Query manager and any filters configured with SQL expressions.
- If GoldMine 2018.2 is detected, the new GoldMine password complexity policy requirements will be applied. Users will be provided with an opportunity to update their passwords. (An option has been added in System Settings not to enforce the new password complexity requirements if a GoldMine administrator has opted to keep old security settings.)
- Blank passwords are no longer allowed, regardless of GoldMine version.
Other highlights include:
- Support for dragging and dropping emails into folders in wMobile Desktop
- Access for Relationships was added to wMobile Phone
- Referrals were added to wMobile Phone and Desktop.
- A wDiagnostic server desktop shortcut was added for ease of access for administrators.
- Functionality was streamlined for Opportunities and Projects in both Phone and Desktop editions.
- Support for external link buttons was added to wMobile Desktop, so administrators or end-users can add buttons to access external web links or intranet links.
- The same rule set was added for SMS notifications as email notifications. Either method can now be used to send notifications for alarms, when activities marked for RSVP are completed, if invalid email credentials are detected, etc.
- The wMobile One-Click login logos can now be customized, perhaps using your own company logo.
- Improvements were made in the wMobile installers.
We hope you’ll enjoy these features and our continued development in 2019. If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team. Best wishes for 2019 from the wMobile Development and Support Teams!