Sugar User Group: wTools
On September 15th, we had our SugarCRM Online User Group Meeting focused on an overview of wTools: Free SugarCRM Modules and Integrations for Our Customers.
Make sure to mark your calendar for our next Online User Group meeting on November 17th.
A huge thanks to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording from the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
Still have more questions about SugarCRM? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Last User Group Recorded Video Link
- SugarCRM News Roundup
- Upcoming SugarCRM Training
- wTools: Free SugarCRM Modules and Integrations
- SugarCRM Questions and Answers
- SugarCRM Recognized as a Visionary in Gartner’s 2015 Sales Force Automation Magic Quadrant
- Sugar 184.108.40.206 Released which includes the following features and enhancements:
- OAuth 2 support for Google connector
- Collapse all subpanels option was added for Administrators in Admin > System Settings
- List View performance improvements
- Within Process Author you can now:
- Filter by whether or not the record owner was the user who created or last modified the record
- Wait events in process definitions can now be configured relative to a record's date created and/or date modified
- SugarCRM Mobile 2.7.0 Released for iOS and Android which includes the following features and enhancements:
- Sharing records via email, Twitter and Facebook directly from a record's detail view
- Sorting on module and related record list views
- Filtering on module and related record list views using predefined filters or filters built in the desktop Sugar application
- User interface improvements, including changes to the dashlet icons, grip icon, Favorites star, search bars, and recently viewed records
- SugarCRM Community - community.sugarcrm.com
- SugarCRM Support Main Page – support.sugarcrm.com
- SugarCRM eLearning - learningportal.sugarcrm.com
- SugarCRM on YouTube - youtube.com/user/DiscoverSugarCRM
- W-Systems SugarCRM Blog - w-systems.com/blog/sugarcrm
- W-Systems on Twitter - twitter.com/WSystemsCorp
Upcoming Training on Sugar University
- View the Sugar University catalog
- Upcoming Classes
- September 17 - Working with the v10 REST API
- September 24 - How to Work with SugarCRM once you are a Customer
- October 8 - Getting Started with Sugar: Starting with the Fundamentals
- October 15 - Configuring and Extending Sugar Logic
- This module adds a 'Drill Down' link to any Saved Report Chart Dashlet placed on a dashboard
Grid View Customizations
- Double Click to Edit List View Row
- Edit rows quickly: Double-click anywhere on the row and it goes into edit mode
- Works for subpanels
- Create a Note from List View
- Improve productivity by quickly creating notes right from the List View
- Custom Notification Field Type
- Studio: Data Type = Notification Text
- Variation of a TextField that allows the creation of special font and color formatted notifications on a record.
DYMO Label Printer Module
- Print a contact address label from the Edit menu
- Easily copy settings from one user to selected users or to a whole team
- General Tab
- Dashlets (all dashlets from selected modules)
- Navigation Pane (menu bar)
- Favorite Reports and Scheduled Reporting
- Profile Settings
- Filters (all filters from selected modules)
- Dashboards Tab
- Select multiple dashboards from Home Page and modules
- Filters Tab
- Select multiple filters from modules
- Clone Subpanel Order Tab
- Make most commonly used subpanels appear at the top
SugarCRM Questions & Answers
1. Q: If I am interested in having any of the customizations discussed in this webinar added to my Sugar instance what is the process for getting them installed?
A: The wTools Product Library is available to all W-Systems customers. If you are interested in these customizations either contact us through our website or speak with your W-Systems Consultant to start the process.
2. Q: What kind of SugarCRM Training is offered?
A: SugarCRM Training that is offered includes:
- Sugar University Hot Topic Webinars are live classes with an expert Sugar trainer and cover a variety of subjects. The library is constantly being refreshed with about 2-3 new webinars every month.
- W-Systems SugarCRM Training
- End-User 1:1 Train the Trainer is tailored to customers that are going to be rolling out Sugar to a new group or if you would like to learn more about Sugar in an end-user capacity.
- Sugar Admin Training is tailored specifically to your Sugar system and can be customized to your needs.
- Sugar New User Training teaches you how to navigate in SugarCRM, customize the interface, update information, add new leads, convert leads and log activities. There will be time for Q&A at the end of the session.
For more information about W-Systems SugarCRM Training please contact us and we will be happy to work with you on your training needs.
Our next meeting topic will be sent out at the beginning of November in our newsletter along with a separate invite.