Sugar User Group: wCalendar, Advanced Calendar Configuration
On May 23rd, we had our Sugar User Group Meeting, where we demonstrated the functions of wCalendar, our Advanced Calendar Configuration for Sugar.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
Still have more questions about Sugar or wCalendar? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Recap of Last User Group Webinar
- SugarCRM Company and Sugar News Roundup
- Upcoming Sugar Training
- Feature Topic – wCalendar: Advanced Calendar Configuration for Sugar
- Sugar Q&A Session
Last User Group Meeting
March 2017: Best Practices in CRM and Marketing Automation Working Together
- Blog Post: March 2017 Sugar User Group Recap: Best Practices in CRM and Marketing Automation Working Together
- Webinar Archive: Sugar User Group: Best Practices in CRM and Marketing Automation Working Together
eBooks and White Papers
- See all of our eBooks and White Papers on one page.
- Current eBooks and White Papers include:
- Your Sales Lead Process is Half-Baked. Learn a Better Way
- 50 Things Your CRM Should Tell You About Your Customers
- 10 Things You Can Do to Ensure Your SugarCRM Success
- Best Practices in CRM Data Migration
- Best Practices for CRM User Adoption
- The Dynamic Duo: SugarCRM + Act-On Marketing Automation
HIA-LI 29th Annual Business Trade Show & Conference
- W-Systems will be exhibiting at the HIA-LI 29th Annual Trade Show, Long Island's largest B2B trade show & conference
- 9AM - 3PM, May 25th, 2017 - SCCC Sports & Exhibition Center, Brentwood, NY
- Free registration: https://upcurve.cloud/HIALI2017-UCC
- W-Systems will be exhibiting at SugarCon 2017, SugarCRM's largest customer event of the year
- September 25 - 28, San Francisco, CA
- For more information: https://sugarcon.com/
Sugar 7.9 is a major release that includes new features and enhancements.
These include the following:
- Quotes Module
- Reports Module
- Help Popup
- Advanced Workflow
- Global Search
- D&B (Deprecation)
- Related Blog Post: New Features and Enhancements in Sugar 7.9
SugarCRM Mobile 5 and Sugar Mobile SDK Beta
SugarCRM Mobile received a major overhaul with the release of SugarCRM Mobile 5 for iOS and Android. The update also marks the release of the Sugar Mobile SDK Beta, which allows customers to customize the mobile app, similarly to how the desktop interface can be extended.
- Release Notes:
- Related Blog Post: SugarCRM Mobile 5 and the Mobile SDK Beta
SugarCRM Mobile Application Configuration Service 1.3
- SugarCRM Mobile Application Configuration Service 1.3 - This latest release adds SugarCRM Mobile 5.x support and addresses bugs identified in prior releases.
- SugarCRM Community - community.sugarcrm.com
- SugarCRM Support Page – support.sugarcrm.com
- SugarCRM University - university.sugarcrm.com
- SugarCRM on YouTube - youtube.com/user/DiscoverSugarCRM
- W-Systems SugarCRM Blog - w-systems.com/blog
- W-Systems on Twitter - twitter.com/WSystemsCorp
Upcoming Training on Sugar University
- Sugar University has gone through a small revamp and now has divided their training into three major sections:
- Online Role-Based Learning
- Basic Sugar
- End Users
- Marketing Users
- Managers / Sales Operations
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Solution Architects
- Live Training
- Sugar Certification Programs
wCalendar: Advanced Calendar Configuration for Sugar
Sugar User Group Q&A
Q: What version of Sugar does wCalendar work with?
A: wCalendar currently has support for Sugar 7 up until 7.8. Since 7.9 was just released, it should take a few weeks to get everything up to speed. As of now, wCalendar supports the most recent release of Sugar 7.8.2.
Q: What is the pricing of wCalendar?
A: wCalendar is priced at $80/user per year, with a minimum of ten users. We also have offer free add-ons from our wTools library, which include smaller utilities and functionalities for Sugar.
Q: What is the support period of wCalendar?
A: Since it’s a subscription ($80/user per year with a minimum of 10 users), we support it during that time, so you’ll benefit from any updates made to wCalendar during your subscription.
Q: Can multiple users’ calendars be displayed at the same time, in the same window, with each user shown with a different color?
A: Yes, you would apply the same method for different layers. You would define one layer, filtered for a specific user, and then you'd specify the color code in which the user would be displayed. All of those layers will be combined onto a calendar.
Q: Does wCalendar work with Sugar On-Demand?
A: Yes, all of our products work both On-Premise and On-Demand. That's a key design criteria for us – the demo shown in this recording is On-Demand.
Q: Does wCalendar work with custom Sugar modules?
A: Yes, in this demo, we repurposed the standard Sugar modules. We used the Bands module, which is the standard Accounts module, the Bookings module is the Opportunities module, Performances is the Meetings module, but Venues is a custom module. You can define wCalendar to draw from custom modules, just as you can from standard modules.
Q: Does wCalendar work with SugarCRM Mobile?
A: As of now, wCalendar does not provide any calendar functionality for SugarCRM Mobile. We use Sugar's customization capability to embed these advanced features into Sugar. The Beta version of the SDK for SugarCRM Mobile was recently released which enables us to create these customizations for mobile, which we couldn’t before. Prior, we'd have stock functionality for the mobile client, but not customizable to this extent.
Going forward, it would be in our roadmap to start thinking about how can we take our products, such as wCalendar, wDocs, and wMaps, to use the new SDK to create custom functionality in SugarCRM Mobile.
Q: Can the Sugar calendar be synchronized with wCalendar? If new calls, meetings or tasks are added in the Sugar calendar, would wCalendar be updated as well?
A: Yes, it can. To do that, you would need to configure wCalendar to display meetings, and calls, and tasks. Both wCalendar and the Sugar calendar draw information from the same data source.
Q: We just purchased Collabspot, that has calendar integration. What would wCalendar provide that Collabspot does not?
A: Collabspot will synchronize to the standard Meetings, Calls and Tasks modules in Sugar, whether you display it on the calendar or not. That's the fixed functionality of Collabspot between Gmail and Sugar's calendar - it synchronizes those meetings, and tasks, continuously. So, you might not need wCalendar at all. wCalendar is if you need very specific customizable views of either specific data or multiple layers of data, that's more complex than the standard calendar allows. You could use wCalendar to display meetings, calls, and notes, and treat is as an enhancement of the standard Sugar calendar functionality. At that point, wCalendar would work together with Collabspot to push those meetings to the Gmail calendar.
However, if you use wCalendar to display custom information, such as a vehicle schedule or a band performance schedule, at that point, you're tracking data that's not synchronized to Gmail, and that's only visible inside of Sugar. Or, if you publish from iCalendar to Gmail's calendar, you can, setup Gmail to subscribe to that, and display events from custom modules with normal meetings, and tasks, etc.
Q: How does wCalendar relate to Riva?
A: Riva is a tool that synchronizes meetings, tasks, and calls to Outlook. They support Gmail as well, but it works similarly to Collabspot. The purpose of these tools is to make sure the calendar you use, whether it's Outlook, Outlook 365, or Gmail, that they're in full sync with Sugar. Riva and wCalendar would have similar interaction as with Collabspot.
Q: Do all users have to configure wCalendar in their Sugar profiles to synchronize with Google's calendar?
A: Yes, when you do set up the synchronization, you need to connect each Google calendar to Sugar. Or, you need to activate Collabspot, or Riva for those users, so that your instance of Gmail calendar or Google calendar knows your Sugar credentials, and can perform that synchronization the way you want, for your use case.