Ultimate SugarCRM Planning Guide for 2019
Is your CRM 2019-ready?
On January 29th, we showcased how to create an annual plan for your instance of SugarCRM.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
If you have questions about Sugar, please feel free to contact us.
- Recap of Last User Group Webinar
- SugarCRM and W-Systems
- Feature Topic – Ultimate SugarCRM Planning Guide for 2019
Last User Group Meeting
September 2018: Advanced Sugar Studio Administration
- Blog Post: Advanced Sugar Studio Administration
- Webinar Archive: Advanced Sugar Studio Administration
W-Systems has been awarded SugarCRM North American Partner of the Year for 2018.
Sugar Releases: Sugar 8.3
- Available for On-Premise deployments of Sugar
- Changes Include:
- Updates to Product Catalog including a Product Catalog Quick Picks Dashlet and ability to favorite Product Catalog records
- Updates to Advanced Workflow including multi-layer module relationships for actions, enhanced process validation, an autosave function, and more
- Ability to export all report types
- Release Notes: Sugar 8.3
Sugar Releases: SugarCRM Hint 5.0
- SugarCRM Hint 5.0 includes Sugar Winter '19 (8.3.x) support, customizable news delivery methods, and the ability to search for news by keywords or categories from the Hint panel.
- Release Notes: SugarCRM Hint 5.1
Sugar Releases: IBM Notes Plug-In 2.3.1
- The Sugar Plug-in for IBM Notes 2.3.1 addresses issues found in previous issues.
- Release Notes: IBM Notes Plug-In 2.3.1
Sugar Releases: MS Outlook Plug-in for Sugar 2.6.2
- SugarCRM has officially released the version 2.6.2 of the Sugar plug-in for Microsoft Outlook. It includes improvements to the sync failure handling process.
- Release Notes: MS Plug-In for Sugar 2.6.2
Sugar Resources by SugarCRM
eBooks and White Papers
- See all of our eBooks and White Papers on one page.
- Recent eBooks and White Papers include:
- Your Sales Lead Process is Half-Baked. Learn a Better Way.
- The Dynamic Duo: SugarCRM + Act-On Marketing Automation
- Best Practices for CRM User Adoption
- 50 Things Your CRM Should Tell You About Your Customers
- 4 Essential Tools for Remote Working
- Solving the Sales-Marketing Conundrum
- The Remote Working Revolution
Sugar Resources by W-Systems
- W-Systems SugarCRM Blog
- W-Systems on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- W-Systems Resources (Case Studies, eBooks & White Papers, Newsletter Sign up/Archives, Project Portfolio, ROI Calculator, Webinar Archives)
Sugar University Training
Sugar University has gone through a small revamp and now has divided their training into three major sections:
- Role-Based eLearning Courses:
- Live Courses
- Sugar Certification Programs
Ultimate SugarCRM Planning Guide for 2019
Sugar User Group Q&A
Q: If you are a Sugar Cloud (On-Demand) customer, can you opt out of seasonal upgrades?
A: You cannot opt out of seasonal upgrades if you are a Sugar Cloud customer. However, you can work with your Sugar partner to make sure your custom packages are properly working with the latest Sugar Cloud update.
Q: When are you going to work on your mobile app? Why no calendar?
A: Our customized SugarCRM Mobile app is currently in development. We will share more information as we have a more clear release timeline.
Q: What is the Comment Log?
A: The Comment Log field allows Sugar users to add messages, comments, and any other text with an attached time log. Note that you cannot create a Comment Log field from Studio - it is automatically created in Sugar modules as you upgrade to Sugar 8.3.0 or higher, and you will need to add it to the Record View layout.
Q: Do we have estimated months on when the releases happen?
A: Not at this point. It’s a general timeframe, SugarCRM doesn’t announce beforehand exactly when the release comes out, and we never know for sure.
Q: Does the Comment Log connect to Notes?
A: The Comment Log field already exists in the Notes module if your Sugar version is 8.3.0 or higher. You will, however, need to add it to the record layout from Studio to be able to view and add comments.
Q: Will Project Dossier be an additional cost, like Hint?
A: Project Dossier is an additional product, but at this point, we have no pricing information. As far as we know, it will have an additional license cost outside of Sugar.
Q: When End-of-Life (EOL) occurs, will I lose access to my Sugar instance?
A: You do not lose access to your Sugar instance but support is discontinued within EOL. You can still use and maintain Sugar, but should any issues arise, you will not benefit from SugarCRM support.