On November 18th, we had our SugarCRM User Group Meeting focused on Sugar Workflow Automation. On January 20th we will host the next User Group Meeting covering Sugar Report Design.
A huge thanks to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording from the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
Still have more questions about Sugar Workflow Automation (or just SugarCRM in general)? Feel free to post a question in the comments section and we’ll be happy to answer!
- SugarCRM News Roundup
- SugarCRM Customer Resource Summary
- SugarCRM Workflow Training
- SugarCRM Open Questions & Answers
- Next Meeting Training / Topic Survey
SugarCRM News Roundup
SugarCRM Customer Resources
Sugar Workflow Automation
SugarCRM Workflows allowing customers to create small programs inside of Sugar without being a programmer. You can create scenarios where you want certain rules to be monitored in Sugar and have these tasks executed automatically.
Here are three types of scenarios we ran through (please watch the accompanying video to learn how to setup these scenarios):
- Scenario 1: Opportunity Close Workflow
- Business Question: When a sales opportunity is either noted as won or lost, certain users should be notified right away via email.
- Workflow Execution Type: When Record Saved
- SugarCRM Module: Opportunities
- SugarCRM Trigger Condition: Sales Stage changes to either Closed Won or Closed Lost
- SugarCRM Alert: Templated Email with Opportunity Details sent to assigned users manager
- SugarCRM Action: None
- Scenario 2: Contract Expiration Notice
- Business Question: When a contract is about to expire, email the customer with details about the expiring contract
- Workflow Execution Type: After Time Elapses
- SugarCRM Module: Contracts
- SugarCRM Trigger Condition: Contract Expires 30 Days into the future
- SugarCRM Alert: Templated Email with Contract Details sent to related account contacts
- SugarCRM Action: None
- Scenario 3: Scheduled Task for Sales Lead
- Business Question: When a new lead is entered, schedule a task for the assigned SugarCRM sales rep user
- Workflow Execution Type: When record is saved
- SugarCRM Module: Leads
- SugarCRM Trigger Condition: Lead record status = ‘New’
- SugarCRM Alert: none
- SugarCRM Action: Create related record: Task
Our next meeting will highlight: Sugar Report Design