On November 17th, we had our Sugar Online User Group Meeting focused on Advanced Workflow.
Make sure to mark your calendar for our next Online User Group meeting on January 19th.
A huge thanks to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
Still have more questions about Sugar? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer.
Our next meeting topic will be sent out at the beginning of November in our newsletter along with a separate invite.
- SugarCRM wins the Business Choice Awards 2015 for CRM
- Bedrock Data Interview Series with Christian Wettre on the Evolution of CRM
- SugarCRM Mobile had two updates since our last user group meeting. In 2.8.0 a number of new features and enhancements were added while the 2.8.1 release addresses bugs identified in prior releases.
- Read the release notes for SugarCRM Mobile 2.8.0 for iOS and Android
- Read the release notes for SugarCRM Mobile 2.8.1 for iOS and Android
- The new features and enhancements that were included in 2.8.0 are:
- Twitter Dashlet : The Twitter dashlet is now available for use in SugarCRM Mobile.
- Sorting for Search and Select Views : When relating two existing records, the search and select view can be sorted by a selected field in ascending or descending order.
- Filtering for Search and Select Views : When relating two existing records, the search and select view can be filtered using predefined filters or filters built in the desktop Sugar application.
- Filtering for Global Search : Users may filter the global search list view using predefined filters (i.e. All Records, My Favorites, My Records, and Recently Viewed).
- Filtering while Searching : Searches on list views, search and select views, and global search may be used concurrently with a subset of predefined filters (i.e. All Records, My Favorites, and My Records).
Upcoming Training on Sugar University
SugarCRM On Tap in NYC – Thursday, November 19th 2-5PM
- Spend this Thursday afternoon with us at Draught 55 Bar & Kitchen (245 East 55th Street in NYC)
- Enjoy a selection of craft beer and appetizers while we show you the power of Sugar including Advanced Workflow, a world-class business process automation toolset.
Sugar Advanced Workflow
- Sugar Advanced Workflow was introduced for Enterprise and Ultimate editions of Sugar 7.6 and later
- Understanding Workflows vs Advanced Workflow
- Workflows excel at simple "if-this-then-that" scenarios
- Sugar Advanced Workflow goes even further by providing the opportunity to define conditional AND, OR, NOT, and ELSE statements.
What Can Advanced Workflow Do That Workflows Cannot?
- Intuitive Visual Design Canvas
- Incorporate User Decisions
- Multi-Step, Branched Workflows
- Create Reusable Business Rules
- Set Compound Logical and Mathematical Conditions
- Visual Modeling by BPM/BPMN Standards
- Re-execute, Re-assign, and Cancel Processes
- Calculate Time-to-Complete Overall or by Step
Advanced Workflow Components
- Process Definitions
- Process Business Rules
- Process Email Templates
Advanced Workflow Use Cases
- Opportunity Close Process
- Customer Onboarding
- New Sugar License Added
- Contract Renewal Process
Advanced Workflow Best Practices
- Design with the end in mind
- Document the entire process
- Test the Workflow
- Consider external impact such as automated emails or data manipulation
- Use Process Business Rules (PBR) as often as possible
Q4 Enterprise Upgrade Promotion
- SugarCRM is offering Sugar Professional edition customers as with 100 seats or less, the opportunity to upgrade to Sugar Enterprise edition for $480 per seat. This limited-time offer is only available until December 31st, 2015.
- What are the benefits of upgrading to Sugar Enterprise?
- Sugar Enterprise and Ultimate edition version 7.6 enable businesses with sophisticated needs to better align their Sugar implementation with their key business objectives.
- The features included in Enterprise edition are:
- Advanced Workflow
- Role-Based Views
- Multi-Line Item Opportunity Management and Forecasting (aka Revenue Line Items)
- Customer Portal
- More Storage
- If you would like more information about this promotion contact us.