New Features and Enhancements in Sugar 7.7
Sugar 7.7 is a major release that introduces many new features and enhancements. We have detailed below the most important updates. You can also read the release notes to see a full list of the feature enhancements, fixed and known issues and developer changes.
- The Knowledge Base module has been updated to use the Sidecar user interface.
- End Users: Sidecar modules contain a Tags field where users can create and share tags which can be used to identify records in filters, dashlets, and reports.
- Administrators: Users with administrator or developer access can utilize the Tags module to manage the system-wide tag repository.
- Improvements have been made to the Global Search user interface and functionality (e.g. search tags, etc.).
- End Users: Leads can now be converted by clicking the Unconverted button in the Leads record view, as well as by selecting the Convert option from the Leads subpanel actions menu.
- End Users: Records will now be automatically associated during lead conversion if no duplicate records are found.
- Administrators: The Lead Conversion Options setting is now available in Admin > System Settings to handle activity records during lead conversion.
Subpanels & List Views
- Filtered list views with "More records..." loaded remain expanded after in-line edits are saved.
- When linking records via the Contacts subpanel in the Cases record view, the Search and Add Contacts drawer will automatically be filtered to only display contact records associated to the case's parent account.
- Multiple users can now be selected when creating search filters using the Assigned to field in Sidecar modules.
- The total count of records is now available in Module list views, Subpanel list views, as well as Search and Select list views.
- User selection lists previously sorted by username are now sorted by last name, first name.
- Administrators: Administrators now have the option to collapse all subpanels in Sidecar modules by default via Admin > System Settings.
- The favicon (SugarCRM cube icon) in the browser tab now displays the same number corresponding to the count in the notifications box.
- Related record URLs may now be embedded in process email templates.
- Administrators can now append and replace teams via Change Fields and Add Related Record actions.
- Administrators can now differentiate between a record's primary team and its current team set in workflows.
- The Contact Type field is now available as a filter criteria in the D&B People panel.
- The D&B Usage Meter dashlet is now available to view a summary of used and remaining credit information for each available metered service (e.g. Accounts, Family Tree, etc.).
- The GU DUNS field is now available as a filter criteria in the D&B Company Information panel.
- Summation Report, Summation Report with Details, and Matrix Report can now be grouped by "Week" for Date and Datetime fields (e.g. Start Date, Date Created, etc.).
- Recipients can now be dragged and dropped across the To, CC, and BCC fields in the Compose Email window for Sidecar modules.
- The Move To BCC option is now available when composing emails in the Emails module.
- The Quotes (Bill To) and Quotes (Ship To) subpanels are now available in the Accounts and Contacts record views to display the related quote records accordingly.
- The Forecast module's commit history now displays a timestamp.
- Users may now choose the traditional Chinese language as their preferred language in Sugar.
Performance, Security, Platform
- Tracker sessions are now logged for Sidecar modules.
- Improvements have been made to load record view layouts faster when multiple dropdown fields and values exist in the layout.
- Upgrades are now supported on all database stacks (MySQL, DB2, Oracle, MSSQL).
- PHPMailer is now being installed by composer and is upgraded to version 5.2.9.
- The "Load login screen in same window to avoid pop-up blocking" option can now be enabled via Admin > Password Management to load the SAML login screen in the current window and prevent pop-up blockers from disallowing single sign-on.
- SimpleSAMLphp library 2.6.1 supported : SimpleSAMLphp library 2.6.1 is now supported in Sugar.
- Password encryption has been strengthened for increased system security.
The Knowledge Base Categories & Published Articles dashlet is now available on the Knowledge Base list view in the portal.
Sugar logic is now supported in the portal.