Marketing Reboot: 3 Demand Generation Myths Debunked
On July 11th, we had our Marketing Reboot webinar where we debunked three common demand generation myths.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this webinar. Below is the video recording, slide deck, and Q&A.
- Debunking the Myths of Demand Generation
- Myth #1 “Just Need to Fill the Top of the Funnel”
- Myth #2 “ABM is Advanced Demand Creation”
- Myth #3 “Personalization Doesn’t Have the Right Impact Within B2B”
Questions & Answers
- Q: What quick tips and tricks would you have around personalization?
A: Simply targeting by industry will give you a good starting point. Don’t try to boil the ocean. If you’ve got an industry that you have a lot of content around, focus on that and use that to start personalizing your messaging. You’ll get some good quick wins there.
- Q: How do you get account-based marketing buy in from Sales?
A: One of the best ways to get this is to get sales at the table with the marketing and help them design the accounts/companies that fit the ideal customer profile. For Act-On we’ve done this exercise together and what we’re seeing is much better engagement with the sales teams and the leads that are being developed. They may be "fewer" than before, but the quality is through the roof.
- Q: As a smaller company trying to prove content around a segment before getting a lot of tools, what are the signs that we would need a better tool?
A: In my opinion, the time is now. If you’re doing a lot of manual segmentation and creation that’s taking up a lot of your day and can't to show the results through automation, then it is the time to make a move. I’d suggest starting small and don't try to bite off more than you can chew.