Managing Document Access for wMobile
On February 27, we had our wMobile User Group Meeting where we discussed Managing Document Access for wMobile.
Our next meeting will be on May 29, which will highlight the topic: One-Click Logins in wMobile.
A huge thank you to everyone who attended and participated! Below is the video recording, general notes, Speaker Deck presentation as well as the questions & answers.
Still have questions about wMobile? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Review of Existing Resources
- Features and Fixes in wMobile
- Focus Topic: Managing Document Access in wMobile
- Open Q&A
- Resources tab
- Videos for Phone and Desktop, recorded Webinars, Product Literature Including Online Help Guide
- Tech Specs
- Release Notes
- Demos and Downloads tab
- Shortcuts for Latest Articles, Upcoming Events, and Training
- New Support link in web page header provides options to submit with form or via porta
- Blog Articles
- Use the support form on the website, using the Support button.
- Login into our support portal and create a case
- Please let us know if you’d like to submit support cases through the portal and we can provide credentials to log in.
- Posted on the wMobile Product Page
- Included in newsletter
- wMobile Installer will always check for the latest release
- You must be on maintenance to update
- wMobile Content
- wMobile User Group - Quarterly
- wMobile Newsletter – Quarterly and will include webinar recap posts
- wMobile Blog Posts – New content monthly
For additional information on product updates, see the Speaker Deck deck below.
Highlights of What’s New in wMobile (General)
- Rebranding for W-Systems
- Addition of Local Email Rules
- Improvements to wMobile installer to avoid erroneous detection by AntiVirus applications
- System setting added to skip password complexity rules
- Improved handling of GoldMine Contact and Opportunity fields set to 'Not allow blank input' and 'Require valid input' are highlighted in wMobile
- Owner cannot be edited when copying an email account from wMobile Manager Console
Feature Topic: Managing Document Access for wMobile
- The topic selected in our last poll was Managing Document Access for wMobile
Topics for Next User Group
- wMobile and GoldMine 2018.2 - what you need to know
- Preparing for a wMobile Migration to a New Server
- Email Merge in wMobile Desktop
- Winning Topic for May: One-Click Logins in wMobile
- Update Telerik Version [May]
- Redesign wMobile Desktop UI [May]
- Support for custom fields in wMobile Phone Projects add-In [May]
- Support for TLS encrypted database connection [June]
Next wMobile User Group – Wednesday, May 29th, 2019
- Q: Do the From, To, and Subject fields in the local email rules filtering criteria have drop downs?
A: These criteria do not have drop-down lists. There are too many possibilities of Sender/Recipient email address and email subject references to have a useful drop-down list. The criteria would need to be typed in manually.