June 1st marks the 15-year anniversary of SugarCRM. To mark that occasion, let’s take a look at SugarCRM’s history and how they evolved in one of the most respected CRM leaders in the CRM marketplace.
Building a client database is not easy and keeping them is even harder. But it looks like SugarCRM has managed to keep their first 15 clients since the beginning. That says something about their professionalism, commitment, and loyalty to their customers.
Companies large and small are turning from yesterday’s CRM solutions to rely on Sugar to manage customer relationships.
A Step by Step History of SugarCRM:
- When Sugar started in 2004, their vision was simple: make the world’s best CRM software available to every company around the world. They saw a new way to get modern CRM tools into the hands of every marketer, seller and customer service rep. That vision clearly resonated as Sugar quickly became the #1 open source business app. Here’s a fun fact: the name Sugar doesn’t originate from SugarCRM’s founders' love for candy. Instead, John Roberts, one of SugarCRM’s founders, named the CRM after his mountain bike!
- Time moved on, and new technology emerged. Open source slipped into the background to become how you build cloud and mobile applications and less the disruptive business model that originally shook the community.SugarCRM’s vision was simple then and it remained the same today: If we make your employees more effective in their jobs, they can spend more time themselves creating loyal customers.
- Next came what is now their new reality. With the massive compute power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) at their fingertips, big data collection and new technologies like machine learning and predictive analytics, SugarCRM are clearly poised for a new era of CRM apps.
- The Future of SugarCRM: No-Touch CX. Imagine your personal CX assistant suggesting answers to your customers’ questions, sending that answer automatically through email, chat or other channel and then updating the customer record in Sugar without having to lift a finger.
If it sounds too good to be true, it isn’t. SugarCRM found awesome new investors in Accel-KKR to fund that next wave of customer experience innovation, they’ve dialed up the product releases to four new feature releases per year, and they have the best thought leaders in the business applications market busy working right now on their new vision.
Here are Some of SugarCRM’s Achievements Over the Years:
- SugarCRM received the highest Net Promoter Score across all major CRM vendors
- More than two million people use SugarCRM globally
- Sugar has been rated the #1 CRM for Customer Experience by PCMag 3 years in a row
- SugarCRM has built a partner program of nearly 200 CRM experts on six continents
- In 2019, SugarCRM acquired both Collabspot and Salesfusion in their quest to become the customer experience management leader
- SugarCRM was positioned as a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Force Automation 6 times
- SugarCRM now has seven “sweet” global offices
- SugarCRM earned a 5-Star Rating in CRN’s ‘2018 Partner Program Guide’
- SugarCRM co-founder Clint Oram has been named a Top Midmarket IT Executive
- Sugar is deployed in 120 countries
- SugarCRM has hosted 11 SugarCons to date
- Sugar is deployed in over 26 languages
Sugar is the solution for CRM heroes, mavericks, innovative, forward-thinking change agents—the brave, the bold, who dare to be different. Their customers look for new solutions that will give them a competitive edge. They look at the default choice and question whether it is the best choice. They see Sugar as the chance to find a better way to grow their business and help their employees do their jobs better.
To learn more about SugarCRM don't hesitate to contact us today.