Lead Nurturing and Lead Scoring with Act-On and Sugar
On December 17th, we had our webinar on Lead Nurturing and Lead Scoring with Act-On and SugarCRM Webinar Recap.
A huge thanks to everyone who participated in this webinar! Below is the video recording, slide deck from the webinar and general notes.
Don’t forget that Act-On is offering a year-end promotion of no setup fee, two free months of service (December and January) and 10 free sales user seats for new customers signing up for their service through W-Systems.
Still have more questions about Act-On? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- What is marketing automation?
- Company Background
- The Leads Marketing Process
- The Nurture Process
- Act-On Lead Nurture Tools
- Lead Scoring
- How does lead scoring help sales
- How we use it
Marketing Automation vs. Email Marketing
- Email marketing is only one of many tools a marketer works with.
- Marketing automation attempts to bring all the tools a marketer needs into one combined platform to share data
- However, if you use a combination of the following pieces (in addition to email marketing) a marketing automation tool such as Act-On would right for you:
- Tracking your visitors to your website
- Calls to action on your website that captures peoples data through form entry
- Manage webinars
- Social media postings
- Direct Mailers
Marketing Automation: Vendor Timeline
- Marketing Automation started in 1992, the initial focus was on big enterprise, and companies that had a large budget to spend on marketing automation.
- Since then, the product group has become much more accessible and affordable with time.
- Act-On is one of the later arrivals to the marketing automation category.
- Founded in 2008 initially backed by Cisco and WebEx
- Headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon
- 2nd Fastest growing marketing automation company on the 2014 Inc 500/5000 list
- Frost & Sullivan Marketing 2014 Automation Company of the year
- Top 10 Most evaluation marketing automation company (TrustRadius)
- CRM Implementation since 1996
- SugarCRM Elite Partner
- Act-On Platinum Implementation partner since 2011
- Focus on SugarCRM integration and custom API development
- You can read the W-Systems case study on Act-On’s site
Leads Marketing Process
- From the point of lead capture to lead conversion there is typically a costly communication gap
- Marketing automation tools allow marketing to stay engaged and can compensate for sales inefficiencies with a nurture process
Act-On Marketing Automation
There are many pieces of marketing automation inside Act-On including:
- Email Broadcasting
- Website Lead Capture Forms
- Website Visitor Tracking
- Website Asset Download Tracking
- Social Media Post Tracking
- Webinar Automation (WebEx & GoToMeeting)
- Automated Programs
Act-On Lead Nurturing
- Act-On Lead Nurturing Tools
- Tight integration with SugarCRM (as well as other CRM systems)
- Automated Sequential Campaigns
- Triggered emails and campaigns
Act-On Lead Scoring
- Track leads engagement with your digital content
- Assign scores based on lead demographics and job titles
- View detailed lead behavior in SugarCRM
Act-On in SugarCRM
- In SugarCRM within the Intelligence Panel you can see the details about each lead as it exists in Act-On
- Sales reps or the user in Sugar have insight into how this lead has engaged with the web properties
Act-On W-Systems Lead Capture Forms
- Quickly place lead capture form on web pages
- Instant post to SugarCRM
- Control over post submit message sequence
Act-On W-Systems Nurture Programs
- Provide long term messaging (12 months)
- Reengage dormant leads
- Be there when CRM project is re-activated