GoldMine User Group: GoldMine 2018.1 Preview
On November 16, we had our GoldMine User Group Meeting, where we covered key enhancements to the new GoldMine Premium 2018.1, due to be released in early December 2017.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
Still have more questions about GoldMine? Feel free to post a question in the comments section, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Recap of Last User Group Webinar
- GoldMine News Roundup
- GoldMine Resources & Training
- Feature Topic – GoldMine 2018.1 Preview
- GoldMine Q&A Session
Last User Group Meeting
September 2017: Using and Creating Real Time Dashboards
- Blog Post: GoldMine User Group: Using and Creating Real Time Dashboards
- Webinar Archive: GoldMine User Group: Using and Creating Real Time Dashboards
- GoldMine 2017.1 Hot Fix 3 includes fixes to GMGoogleSync, Outlook Link, cloning primary field views in Record Types Admin, among others.
GoldMine Q4 Promotions (Expire December 29th)
- Now's your chance to save money if ...
- You need additional GoldMine licenses. 15 % Discount on additional licenses for W-Systems Customers.
- Your GoldMine Maintenance & Support is expired and you want to get current - contact us and we will get you a deal!
- You are still on an older version of GoldMine (Standard or Corporate Edition) and want to upgrade to GoldMine Premium Edition (special 3 and 5 user bundle pricing)
- Contact us for details!
GoldMine Resources by W-Systems
- W-Systems GoldMine Blog
- W-Systems on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- W-Systems Resources (Case Studies, eBooks & Whitepapers, Newsletter Signup/Archives, Project Portfolio, ROI Calculator, Webinar Archives)
GoldMine Training Center
GoldMine’s Training Center is divided into four different sections:
- Advanced: System Admin
- Definitive Guide
GoldMine 2018.1 Preview
GoldMine User Group Q&A
- Q: How can I connect Constant Contact with GoldMine?
A: What you need to do is create a Constant Contact ID and account. Then, go to Campaigns, click on the Constant Contact campaign, and log in with your credentials.
If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up directly from within GoldMine. Also, new accounts get access to a free campaign of 5,000 emails, and it can all be done without leaving GoldMine.
- Q: Does the Constant Contact campaign data expire in GoldMine?
A: Since Constant Contact has many customers, they don’t store campaign analytics and results on their servers, they archive the data and purge it after six months. The benefit of using GoldMine with Constant Contact is that GoldMine downloads the information, and stores it against the contact record permanently, and you will be able to view your complete history of Constant Contact campaigns. That's something you can't do natively in Constant Contact.
- Q: Do the UI changes affect all users or can it be done on a per-user basis?
A: These are per-user settings. The master user can set them for those users, or the user can go in and make those changes.
- Q: Is the web interface included with GoldMine or is it an additional charge?
A: It is included. With GoldMine, you have two options of accessing data: the Windows client, which is the more traditional GoldMine Premium interface that most of our existing users are familiar with, and the one we recommend for configuration. There’s also the GoldMine Web interface, which is included at no charge. All licensing with GoldMine is concurrent, so you will not be tied to either interface.
If you do want a more complex web interface for GoldMine where you need to do reporting and advanced searching, you also have the wMobile product from W-Systems.
Also, these are installed On-Premise, within your environment, making it very cost-effective since you aren’t paying for a monthly subscription.
With wMobile, you get access to desktop or mobile interfaces, so you have multiple options to view and access data.
- Q: Can you disable or hide unused modules such as Cases or Opportunities within the GoldMine Web user interface?
A: Within GoldMine 2018.1, there is a new, per user, setting. You can go to Settings in GoldMine Web as a user, and hide certain elements. However, Cases and Opportunities can’t be disabled as of now. That is a requested feature, and it will be coming soon.
You can rearrange or hide Opportunities, Cases, Links, Notes, etc. for contacts, but on the main heading screen, you can't yet.
- Q: Can you add in custom fields within the GoldMine Web user interface?
A: Absolutely. When you create a new field from GoldMine Web, all you must do is create it in GoldMine Premium, and it will be displayed when using the web interface as well. You can also specify where to view it, making it very useful, security-wise. For example, you want a group of fields only available for your customer service department, but your sales team gets a different subset of fields. GoldMine Web is that it follows the security that is set up and configured in the GoldMine Premium Windows interface.