GoldMine User Group: Using GoldMine for Customer Service
On June 5th, we had our GoldMine User Group, where we showed how to use GoldMine for customer service and support.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
Still have more questions about GoldMine? Feel free to reach out to our team here.
- Recap of Last User Group Webinar
- GoldMine News Roundup
- GoldMine Resources & Training
- Feature Topic – Using GoldMine for Customer Service
- GoldMine Q&A Session
Last User Group Meeting
March 2018: Using GoldMine for Marketing
- Blog Post: GoldMine User Group: Using GoldMine for Marketing
- Webinar Archive: Using GoldMine for Marketing
GoldMine Premium Edition 2018.1.2 (Hotfix 2)
- In response to privacy & data security issues such as GDPR we have updated the security aspects of GoldMine.
- Numerous password enhancements
- removed backdoor access to database
- Improved GM Connect security
- Support for MS SQL 2017
- Numerous enhancements and fixes to Outlook link and Outlook Plus
- Release Notes
GoldMine Pricing News
For existing customers running an older version of GoldMine you now have 2 options:
- Renew and reinstate your maintenance (if you are less than 4 years off maintenance).
- Buy a one time upgrade to get the current release of GoldMine (new offer). This really benefits companies that have been off maintenance for more than 4 years.
GoldMine Resources by W-Systems
- W-Systems GoldMine Blog
- W-Systems on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- W-Systems Resources (Case Studies, eBooks & White Papers, Newsletter Signup/Archives, Webinar Archives and Project Portfolio)
GoldMine Training Center
GoldMine’s Training Center is divided into four different sections:
- Advanced: System Admin
- Definitive Guide
Using GoldMine for Customer Service
GoldMine User Group Q&A
- Q: How do you setup formatting for case numbering?
A: You can customize the Set Case Manager Preferences in multiple ways and change the format of the Set Case Number Mask to meet your needs.
- Q: How would one of our customer service reps see just the cases assigned to them?
A: When they open the Service Center, they can see all the open cases in the company. Depending on what they need to see, they can filter them, in this case they can select My Cases and choose from several options. After that, they can just drag and drop the columns, they can have grouping and sorting, generate reports etc.
Also, the Priority List is very useful, they can define what a priority list is to them and have it on their list when they select their priority.
Q: How do users see their cases when they are on the road?
A: Many of our GoldMine clients are using wMobile, which is a very easy-to-use product.
wMobile is tied to your GoldMine system in real time and you can see your open cases and access them with a single click. You can see the same information that you see in GoldMine as everything is viewable on your mobile. You can reassign, resolve or escalate cases or even create new ones and assign them to any of your records.
Everything you do regarding Cases in the application, you can manage from a user perspective through your wMobile interface with your GoldMine system.