GoldMine User Group: Sales Opportunity Management
On September 11th, we had our GoldMine User Group, where we showed how to use GoldMine to track and manage sales opportunities.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
Still have more questions about GoldMine? Feel free to reach out to our team here.
- Recap of Last User Group Webinar
- GoldMine News Roundup
- GoldMine Resources & Training
- Feature Topic – Sales Opportunity Management
- GoldMine Q&A Session
Last User Group Meeting
June 2018: Using GoldMine for Customer Service
- Blog Post: GoldMine User Group: Using GoldMine for Customer Service
- Webinar Archive: Using GoldMine for Customer Service
GoldMine Premium Edition 2018.1.2
- In response to privacy & data security issues such as GDPR, many security aspects of GoldMine have been updated
- Updates to meet “Secure by Design” and other best practices as determined by the Ivanti security & privacy team
- If you are concerned about data security, consider upgrading
- The release requires some end-user specific configuration so please be aware of the prerequisites.
- Release Notes: GoldMine 2018.1.2
Who Should Consider Updating:
- Those wanting latest Outlook updates
- Those wanting enhanced database connection security with TLS 1.2
- Those wanting enhanced Strong Password complexity
- Those wanting latest SQL or Server
- Those having an issue fixed
- Cumulative service pack includes more than 35 customer-requested updates
- Adds support for SQL Server 2017
- SQL Server 2008 requires service pack 4 for TLS1.2
- SQL Server 2008 R2 requires service pack 3 for TLS 1.2
- Supports TLS 1.2 for database connection
- Requires an HTTPS certificate for GoldMine Connect users
- Creates a secure connection to GoldMine Web
- Can be self-generated or purchased from a certification authority
- Changes to end-user password administration:
- Add password complexity requirements
- Customer specified admin users names with master rights
- Old “MASTER” users for existing installs will work but is subject to time-based forced password changes
- Numerous email enhancements, updates, and fixes for email center and Outlook Link
- You can continue running Outlook Plus or choose the improved Outlook Link
Expired Maintenance Options
- Customers expired 1-36 months:
- No changes to the existing maintenance policy (standard reinstatement rules apply)
- New Upgrade Policy for Customers expired over 3 years:
- Customer buys “Get Current” upgrade and gets most recent serial number
- Pricing is:
- 35% discount for 3 years ($451.75)
- 25% discount for 4 – 5 ($521.25)
- List price for 6 or more
GoldMine Back To School Promos (Expire 9/28/18)
- Fall into Savings with 10% Off
- Website visitors completing a follow-up form are entitled to 10% off any license purchase including bundles, additional seats, and upgrades.
- May not be combined with any other offer
- Excludes single user bulk buy licenses
- Orders must be received and invoiced on or before September 28th, 2018.
GoldMine Resources by W-Systems
- W-Systems GoldMine Blog
- W-Systems on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- W-Systems Resources (Case Studies, eBooks & White Papers, Newsletter Signup/Archives, Webinar Archives and Project Portfolio)
GoldMine Training Center
GoldMine’s Training Center is divided into four different sections:
- Advanced: System Admin
- Definitive Guide
Sales Opportunity Management
GoldMine User Group Q&A
- Q: Can my organization use both forecasted sales and opportunity manager at the same time?
A: Yes! The GoldMine application was structured to allow organizations to use both.
Many organizations have multiple sales departments, like inside sales teams that deal with small transactions and outside sales teams that get involved with more substantial opportunities. For this scenario, it makes sense to use both approaches.
The inside sales group uses the forecasted sale for tracking information, keeping their pipeline updated, reporting and analysis, so your reps can see what’s going on with their opportunities, and management can see the big picture.
The outside sales team uses the ability to track the full opportunity because there’s a lot more involved in the sale and they want to manage the information, but when they do that, they also create the forecasted sale.
When you’re creating reports in the dashboards for the Sales Forecast, all of them will include the standalone variety, created by the inside sales reps, as well as those that are incorporated within the Opportunities themselves. This gives you the full view when you’re doing reporting and analysis of all of those items that your reps are potentially selling to prospects and customers.
Another great way to make sure that nothing falls through the cracks is GoldMine Calendar, where you can check on your pending sales, regardless of whether they were done with the Opportunity or as a simple pending sale.
- Q: In Option 2, you showed a series of steps that you followed. Can these steps be saved and used again in another opportunity?
A: Yes. When creating an opportunity, you can take advantage of the preset templates, or take an opportunity that you’ve already set up and turn it into a template.
That creates a generic template, and in the future, you can select an opportunity and it will pre-populate all of the information that you’ve saved in your template. This is helpful when you have items like tasks because it would automatically calculate their start dates.